Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of population did classic have during live? I feel like I remember seeing numbers as high as 1500 concurrent pre-Kunark.
Even saryrn was 1500 peaks in early kunark and it was the lowest (or nearly lowest) when I started there.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of population did classic have during live? I feel like I remember seeing numbers as high as 1500 concurrent pre-Kunark.
i know on ECI no mobs were every up it was a battle for xp

def wasn't like green release tho lol
Old 12-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every high end camp is being perpetually camped now and most of the player base is still sub 40. This gonna get real bad.
Another server would not fix that. It would just thin out the player base making pickup groups harder to get and I guarantee the big item/cash camps would still be perma-camped on all servers.

Greed has always been part of the EQ culture unfortunately. It was bad on live in 2000, it was bad on Blue and it's bad on green/teal and likely to get worse. But at least it's classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another server would not fix that. It would just thin out the player base making pickup groups harder to get and I guarantee the big item/cash camps would still be perma-camped on all servers.

Greed has always been part of the EQ culture unfortunately. It was bad on live in 2000, it was bad on Blue and it's bad on green/teal and likely to get worse. But at least it's classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, pretty much this. You'd have to spread the pop so thin to get to the point where there aren't solos and duos locking down most of the valuable stuff most of the time that the rest of the world would look even less like live eq than the money camps do now.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Spolier alert it's the same people on green and teal camping them...

Shut down IP restrcitons on 2 servers and you'll fix part of the issue.

I know a few people with 40+ necros on both servers locking down the same spawn on both
Old 12-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know a few people with 40+ necros on both servers locking down the same spawn on both
Old 12-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone doing this is either RMTing or are just plain cancer.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Thou shall not judge nerds
Old 12-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, if it was another standard ruleset PVE server I’d switch. 750 people seems like the sweet spot IMO. With the population on Green and Teal we could probably end up with three servers around 700 people at peak times.

Less drama, more fun. It won’t happen, but I’d probably be the first one to switch.
Only because I'd be busy donating again before switching. 700 at peak times can give a glimmer of hope of raiding content.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 12-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Kobold

Unless you find some honeypot that will make the problematic min/maxers and raid crowd stay behind, you're just delaying the inevitable with another server, unless you create several to the point that server populations are low enough so they can't keep everything camped.

It's highly unlikely to happen, but I used to work in the games industry where we did MMOs and I would have called much of this griefing and would be making some significant changes to looting to make much of what is happening unworkable. The EQ design as is didn't anticipate this situation and has insufficient defenses against small numbers of highly knowledgeable organized players monopolizing content and bending every rule possible to continue to do so.
Closed Thread