Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do understand that they will never make Luclin, right? So what exactly will Green become at that point?

Yes, it will become Blue 2.0 ... only there's no need for two "mostly classic" servers, so why would Rogean bother?
He said Blue would become a custom content server, and personally I think if they were able to create custom content in the right way it could be a good idea to have Blue as a unique server with custom content in the spirit of classic Everquest, while Green could exist as a time locked Velious server for the purists among us.

It's hard to know what the state of each server is going to be like in 2+ years from now though so I'm reserving judgement on what I personally want to happen.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Blue timeline was in Kunark for years, allowing people to accumulate an unclassic amount of level 60s and platinum. Ultimately this is why I think they will go the custom content route with Blue and leave Green server on the truly classic timeline, separate from the watered down blue.
None of this guy’s arguments make any sense at all lol

You’re nuts if you think the staff are going to pay for extra servers just to not merge Green into Blue because...well, just because
Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said Blue would become a custom content server, and personally I think if they were able to create custom content in the right way it could be a good idea to have Blue as a unique server with custom content in the spirit of classic Everquest, while Green could exist as a time locked Velious server for the purists among us.

It's hard to know what the state of each server is going to be like in 2+ years from now though so I'm reserving judgement on what I personally want to happen.
I mean if there was the population for that then maybe I could see Rogean running all three servers. But you have to remember every server requires not just money but time and effort. They've already committed to having a future Green 2.0 when Green "recycles", and they've similarly committed to keeping Blue around with classically-themed custom content.

To stay true to the mission (classic EQ had PvP) they'll likely always also have some form of Red. So it seems to me that it's unlikely that there will be enough player and staff interest to justify a "not classic, but also with no fun extra classically-themed custom content either" server. I can't rule it out, I just don't see it happening.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:35 PM
Orc

I wonder what stipulations their agreement with DayBreak has over custom content... if any of course.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just saying, I'm sure there are some people here who love the base game more than Kunark or Velious, the challenge of capping at Level 50 and the struggle of reaching it in realistic gear that is nowhere near the twinkiness of Velious or even Kunark gear. Where a Ranger with 55HP Rings, full Banded and 2 Ebony Bladed Longswords, and no haste item, was considered "twinked" by content standards.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just saying, I'm sure there are some people here who love the base game more than Kunark or Velious, the challenge of capping at Level 50 and the struggle of reaching it in realistic gear that is nowhere near the twinkiness of Velious or even Kunark gear. Where a Ranger with 55HP Rings, full Banded and 2 Ebony Bladed Longswords, and no haste item, was considered "twinked" by content standards.
Oh I agree! But I think those people will be mostly satisfied with the fresh Green servers coming out every 3-4 years.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

This and other recent threads have got me thinking how popular a Classic+ Server would actually be. Classic+ being that they use the timeline for adding major content updates (Planes, Temple, Kunark, Velious, etc.), but start with much of the "balancing" patches already in (No manastones / guises in the beginning, class changes in from the start).

I'd certainly give it a shot, if nothing else...
Old 06-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you would play on a server like that for 3 years?
Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you would play on a server like that for 3 years?
I'd try to but the pre-expansion world doesn't have enough to keep a level 50 player busy for that long and alts aren't much fun for me. Pre-expansion is real good for 1-25 or so and decent up to about 40-45 then it starts to fall off hard. The level 60 game (meaning Kunark+Velious) offers sufficient content, whether group or raid, to keep a max-level character occupied for a long time. Took me over 6 years at level cap on "blue" before I checked off the last of my original goals and during that time I did a lot of things I had never planned on besides.

Danth
Old 06-19-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Im just wondering if Im going to have to wait 1 and a half years, 3 or 10 for green teams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread