Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

How do you compete in raiding in WoW when there is only one horse in the race? One palyer on the field? One dick in your hand?
Old 08-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you compete in raiding in...when there is only one...dick in your hand?
Wait what???

WTF is going on in uber raiding guilds these days? Is this like a thing now? Back in my day we thought it was all the rage that we could setup designated cyber-sex channels when PoP came out...things have really changed.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

ive like never gotten raid loot that isnt planer trash drops and its been like 20 years what ru guys talkn about this games hard lol
Old 08-26-2020, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its server first ranks. So many push for server first, USA first, or even world first. Tons of tracking websites and achievements to show off.

Wow is what 10/20 man raids? EQ takes 80 neck beards(truly takes less but show how many guilds do it with less then 80? So I don't understand your first statement at all.
Well, back on live the competition was also fierce to get server wide raid target first

The Rathe might not have been home to the most Uber guilds of all, but there were a couple US/ Euro / Asian hardcore raider guilds whose members were ranking quite high on eq.magelo rankings

I don't know much about WoW but is there anything close to the efforts required for the Sleeper raid?
Old 08-26-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Had to click view post since I got this dude blocked.

Let's use an extreme example:

If your guild has 1,000 people with 10% monks, that's 100 monks DKP bidding on monk gear.

If your guild has 100 people with 10% monks, that's 10 monks DKP bidding on monk gear.

DKP is relative to how much DKP your fellow guild monks have. "Powergamers" tend to clump up at the top - so the 100 monks in the powergamer zerg guild are all putting in LOTS of time for DKP. You have to put in more and more time, for less and less loot.

Moral of the story: Live by the zerg, die by the zerg.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you compete in raiding in WoW when there is only one horse in the race? One palyer on the field? One dick in your hand?
If you only have one dick in your hand, you're doing it wrong.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until the servers merge.
is that the motivation for squeegee team? Sock warder loot them merge to blue and insist to the people who did it there years earlier that you're the same? heh, okay fellas, guess it's true, you can't teach a sneetch
Old 08-26-2020, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry you dont got cares act
Best thing that's ever happened to me, legit.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babittle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeh man , but velious will come out. So why even log in during Kunark? Plebs
I'm not playing EverQuest to be the best player in Velious, if I wanted to do that, I would go play on Blue.

As a child my memories are of me having a high level monk and rogue in Kunark. I was broke AF, my monk never had a haste item, and was using his fists while everyone else had Jade Maces and Knuckle Dusters. My Rogue had his epic, but that was about all he had, his off-hand sucked until late into Velious.

I want to finally, 20 years later, be able to do the same content with the same exact characters, but with the gear I always dreamed of having. I know it sounds weird, but I'm more excited for this than I was when I actually discovered P99 3-4 months ago. Honestly, within 3 weeks of playing on Green I was already like "man, I wish Kunark was out" because that's actually where all of my memories are. So many months, possibly years leveling characters in the Sarnak Fort, OT, DL, KC, Sebilis etc.

As far as being in a high-end raiding guild on Green or Blue? I simply don't see the point. We're in the same guild BTW, and the last time I checked you're just as geared as warriors in Seal Team, so again, I don't understand why people feel the need to be competitive with raiding. If I want that I'll go play WoW, where the game is actually balanced around different difficulty levels for raiding.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, the high-end raiding guilds get massively better gear than everyone else, and then go stomp people in PVP. So yes, being in a top guild has some pretty massive advantages in WoW compared to... EverQuest where... the players who went before you put 18 hour days into looting an item you'll probably get handed to you while you casually raid later on down the road.
Closed Thread