Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

The game changed because no one from the original team(or the second team) was left. That's what I wanted to show by providing the link in the OP. The host of the chat literally said he told the new inexperienced dev team PoP "was about Gods and shit" as he/they left to go work on EQ2. He may have been joking a little, but without a steady hand from an experienced guy how could things stay the same? I don't think they could have even if the new team wanted them to.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-18-2020, 09:02 PM
Banned

Yeah that was a sad quote to hear. It was super interesting to listen to though, even though I quit like 2 months into PoP. A similar interview with a vanilla-velious dev would be so fun to hear. I really want to know like specific details about the tools they used to actually build zones, like making those geometrically intricate paths\roads in kunark. At the time it seemed so cool, like wow they're not just a texture anymore! You can even notice the aesthetic shift in pre-kunark stuff. Like the temple of sol ro kind of looks like a kunark zone. Paineel does too.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

I ashamedly don't know the names of the team he was throwing around, but it sounded like he was going to try to get some other devs on the stream in the future. Worth looking at once in a while.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-27-2020, 01:00 AM
Banned

To the people saying Velious was bad, I actually felt like it was a brilliant idea, and one that modern MMOs should implement. Advancing your character through gear progression is actually a lot more fun and exciting than grinding levels. I think Blizzard is starting to come to this same conclusion because with their next expac of WoW, leveling is no longer a grind or a significant portion of the game. They're focusing purely on content that players care about.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure EverQuest 2 killed EverQuest. I know myself, and so many of my friends pretty much thought EverQuest 2 would be the same game we already really loved to play, but with better graphics and features. We all pretty much just quit EverQuest for a game that sucked, and then WoW came out. I genuinely wonder if EQ 2 had never been released if EverQuest wouldn't have deteriorated as fast as it did.

Would also love to see Daybreak Games make an new expansion that picks up where Velious left off and ignore all of the other stuff released since then. I would subscribe in a heart beat. I've tried LIVE and it's just too foreign and bot-themed to even be enjoyable.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks4thelink
Old 08-27-2020, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all pretty much just quit EverQuest for a game that sucked, and then WoW came out.
EQ2 did mostly blow shit, but in it's defense, the vanilla epic prismatic\darathar quest was pretty god damn cool. I quit after the first expansion came out and tried it again like 7 years later, and it was all "oops your new character is level 60 and you have several fairy mounts to select from and also here is a gigantic menu of things that make no sense please enjoy your stay in our nerdrealm"
Old 08-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Pro Instances, no instances, Wow Gameplay, EQ gameplay, I still think one of the most important things of an MMORPG is to feel like you're in a real world. I want to believe the oceans are real and the only way to cross it is a boat.

well not the only way.
Last edited by A Knight; 08-27-2020 at 06:13 PM..
Closed Thread