Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default !!! Monthly Repops !!

What the hell did i wake up to!

Simulated Respawns
Oct 04, 2017 - 1:02 PM - by nilbog
Starting this month, there will be two simulated respawns occurring at random dates/times.

These repops are designed to fill in the gaps of missing chances of rare npcs and raid targets from patches and downtimes which frequently occurred in the classic timeline.

At the beginning of each month, I will roll two random dates and times. It might be early in the morning, early in the evening, or directly in prime time; it is completely random. I believe random is the fairest way to accommodate players in all time zones.

I should have announced this on the 1st of this month, but instead of waiting till next month to start the program, I figured there's no harm in starting now.

Enjoy!

This is amazing, been waiting for this for years on this server. Great job
Old 10-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Kobold

nice little addition. only thing i wonder is what kind of notice (if any) there will be of these simulated respawns.. im guessing from the message that it will just be a random earth quake that we always have to expect at any time until the monthly quota is reached? guess that would be nice for competition sake, but kinda rough on the batphone.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Kobold

I dont get the impression there will be ANY notice whatsoever
Old 10-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like no notice will be given, times will be random to keep it fair for all time zones, and batphoners should just live with it and adopt a saner raiding strategy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: In light of this, I think the community should rework the open naggy/vox raids...it seems like the open raid claiming the spawn after the repop would be easiest? And with two a month, one can be vox and one can be naggy, np...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Let the pixels flow!!!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

P99, now with 20% more raiding!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like no notice will be given, times will be random to keep it fair for all time zones, and batphoners should just live with it and adopt a saner raiding strategy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: In light of this, I think the community should rework the open naggy/vox raids...it seems like the open raid claiming the spawn after the repop would be easiest? And with two a month, one can be vox and one can be naggy, np...
The best way for open raids to continue is to do the spawns AFTER the repop one is killed.

That way the windows will be pretty easy to narrow down without tons of legwork and you wont hamstring us neckbeards that are cursing the fact we have to leave Nagafen or Vox up at 3 am when we are in repop dragon killing frenzy mode.

Getting out of tracking the following one however is a much easier sell and I can confidently say AW would be in support of it. We would not support divying up the quake Vox/Naggy for the open raid though, just too messy with how RNG these resets should be. You could potentially have those dragons sitting up for hours and hours as last min preparations are made to get the Open Raid awareness out when the converse offers many more scheduling opportunities and possibilities that a successful Open raid thrives in.
Last edited by Erati; 10-04-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way for open raids to continue is to do the spawns AFTER the repop one is killed.
That is what I meant! (sorry if it wasn't clear - should be 'the open raid claiming the spawn after the repop spawn')

Simulated repop Vox/Naggy is killed > Open raid on the next one a week later, because the time will be known.

We could never do a batphone open raid on these two.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 10-04-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

Praise Nilbog.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That way the windows will be pretty easy to narrow down without tons of legwork and you wont hamstring us neckbeards that are cursing the fact we have to leave Nagafen or Vox up at 3 am when we are in repop dragon killing frenzy mode.

Getting out of tracking the following one however is a much easier sell and I can confidently say AW would be in support of it. We would not support divying up the quake Vox/Naggy for the open raid though, just too messy with how RNG these resets should be. You could potentially have those dragons sitting up for hours and hours as last min preparations are made to get the Open Raid awareness out when the converse offers many more scheduling opportunities and possibilities that a successful Open raid thrives in.
Wow, this is awesome. It's impressive to see something which the community has called for for years actually delivered.

Will this be implemented from the start of Green server?

As per the open dragon raids, I agree with what Eratani has to say. I apologize for my negligence this past month, but I've been recovering from a major operation, and I have another one coming up soon; so if there's someone else who can step up and help keep the open raids alive during this change to the scene, the server would be very, very grateful.
Closed Thread