Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize for my negligence this past month, but I've been recovering from a major operation, and I have another one coming up soon
Did you get your tits done or did you get the inversion done?

Good luck on next surgery m'lady
Old 10-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Banned

i had extra fingers put onto me so that i can multi box on vintage eq servers to gain pixels faster so i can Win Friends and Influence People
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Would be curious as to why this is now being implemented?
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52 AM
Aviak

Last hurrah before Green replaces Red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be curious as to why this is now being implemented?
Needed to make sure bda wasn't coming back

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:57 AM
Kobold

Neat!
Old 10-05-2017, 04:28 AM
Fire Giant

Nice job.

But this had been promised before , remember ?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

This has been a long time coming, and is a much welcome change! Prais!
Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Kobold

I just posted the below on the actual announcement thread, but thought I'd add it here as well.

Wait, are we talking completely random? Or random within reason?

Because if there's a repop on the 10th of the month at 10:30 am, and then the second repop of the month is ... on the 10th of the month at 10:55 am... well, that's kind of "classic", and kind of not. Generally, Verant/SoE would take a little bit longer to figure out something was wrong, re-code it/remove it/fix it, then reboot.

I don't want to over-complicate things for Devs, because this new development is absolutely outstanding (it means that me, as a bard in a more casual guild, might actually have some slim chance of getting my epic without buying it outright!), but could I be so bold as to suggest that there be at least 24 hours between all random repops? That would mean that repop #1 would also need to be, at the latest, something like 48 hours before the end of the month (so that repop #2 could be, at the latest, 24 hours before the end of the month).

With this 24 hour buffer in place, the craziest scenario I can think of is as follows: if the stars were perfectly aligned, the first repop would be 48 hours before the end of the month. The second repop would be 24 hours later, which is also 24 hours before the end of the month. The new month then starts, and the first repop of the month happens right away, 24 hours after the last repop. Finally, the second repop of that new month happens 24 hours after the last one. In total, 4 "mostly random" repops in 96 hours, thus allowing guilds, especially some of the lucky casual guilds, to benefit from it, and snatch up some lewts they'd otherwise not get a crack at.

Without that 24 hours buffer in place, there's the ever-so-slim chance that it goes more along the lines as follows: first random repop happens at 11:58pm (23:58) on last day of the month, second random repop happens at 11:59 pm (23:59) on last day of the month, first repop of the new month happens at 12:01 am (00:01) on first day of the new month, and second repop of the new month happens at 12:02 am (00:02). In total, 4 "completely random" repops in 5 minutes, effectively making it 1 "useful" random repop in 2 months.

I guess I'm kind of assuming that this is an automated process. If it's not automated, then there will probably be a little bit of "random within reason" added in. If it is indeed going to be automated, please consider the 24 hour buffer suggestion .
Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Would a seasoned poopsocker explain this to a non-raider?

Does it just essentially mean 2 more random repops of raid targets per month? Which targets will be repopping?