Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure there are way more than 3-4x more actively circulating fungi tunics than active accounts (to include all the Joes out there with 5-12 free accounts apiece) on p99.
This is hugely improbable to say the least. The rule of thumb for online games is that the overall active user base is typically on the order of five to ten times the concurrent peak. If P99 follows the usual trends then that puts P99 in the eight- to ten thousand user range, possibly much more if it follows the typical pattern for free games of having a significant proportion of users who only infrequently log on. Accounts? Many players here own multiple accounts, with some individual players routinely placing all their characters on unique accounts. The number of active accounts is thus likely on the order of tens of thousands.

Simply put, there are lots of people playing P1999, and a massive number of characters out there.

As an aside, Project 1999 passed its millionth character more than three years ago (Nov. 2015, according to a post by Roegan) and it's presently at close to record levels of popularity. I find that amazing.

Danth
Old 02-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabbix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's only like 4600 across all accounts from a grep Rogean posted in the pantheon discord.
oh is that all?
Old 02-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

You can still easily 3 man this camp with ench/mnk/shaman
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 02-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still easily 3 man this camp with ench/mnk/shaman
shit you dont even *really* need the shaman tbh
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is hugely improbable to say the least. The rule of thumb for online games is that the overall active user base is typically on the order of five to ten times the concurrent peak. If P99 follows the usual trends then that puts P99 in the eight- to ten thousand user range, possibly much more if it follows the typical pattern for free games of having a significant proportion of users who only infrequently log on. Accounts? Many players here own multiple accounts, with some individual players routinely placing all their characters on unique accounts. The number of active accounts is thus likely on the order of tens of thousands.

Simply put, there are lots of people playing P1999, and a massive number of characters out there.

As an aside, Project 1999 passed its millionth character more than three years ago (Nov. 2015, according to a post by Roegan) and it's presently at close to record levels of popularity. I find that amazing.

Danth
That's great and all, but the point you are trying to gather is solely based on your very loose "rule of thumb" that playerbase is equivalent to 5 to 10 times the amount of players on at peak times.

First off the disparity between 5 and 10 is HUGE, thats like saying "on average 5-10% of the population uses apple products. Thats a total variance of roughly 377 million people. You cant simply provide a "fact" like that with such a wide variable range.

Secondly, where do you even get that fact? 5 to 10 times the peak population? I've never heard of that, and even if that were close to the truth, every game is going to be different. considering the amount of games out there, its almost a guarantee that there are games out there with a total population of less than 5 times the amount of peak playerbase.

Anyways, the point being, anyone can just throw some numbers out there, it doesnt mean that they are correct.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:25 PM
Kobold

i don't think anyone here is trying to say their estimates are fact. go somewhere else.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Currently a bunch of idiots in EC /auc for 60k - 65k.

Seems some Paradigm Shift guys started it and others have joined in.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

That would really suck if true. For me anyway. I just joined server in September and I've spent the last few weeks farming plat for a fungi. I should have enough by the end of this week, but not if the price stays this high.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

Means over 1 dropped per day forever.

So yeah... there's a fungi for everyone.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-19-2019, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

As a fungi seller I disagree, super rare guys... it's going to 100k. You know, mudflation and all

*rubs hands together*

Fatcat: Look someone put 100k on the forum! It's happening...