Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation When are we getting beastlords?

Luclin sucked because it introduced pvp safe zones, the bazaar, new models, horses, and fast travel. You know what didn't suck about it?

Beastlords, and shortie hybrids. Also the raids were pretty cool. Didn't clerics finally get bash?

Anyway. Now that they're in the final stages of testing the new green pvp teams server, isn't it about time we got some custom content? I'd love to play a beastlord, and a gnome SK! Beastlord class was super well thought out idk.

what ur thoughts
Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

... I think maybe you should take a shot at TAKP. That's their goal. Nilbog said he would never.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin sucked because it introduced pvp safe zones, the bazaar, new models, horses, and fast travel. You know what didn't suck about it?

Beastlords, and shortie hybrids. Also the raids were pretty cool. Didn't clerics finally get bash?

Anyway. Now that they're in the final stages of testing the new green pvp teams server, isn't it about time we got some custom content? I'd love to play a beastlord, and a gnome SK! Beastlord class was super well thought out idk.

what ur thoughts
I don't know if they got better, but BST used to suck on live imo. It was a fun idea (and kinda fun class to play I guess), but as a hybrid of monk/shaman they were left as neither as good dps (or utility) of the monk nor as good utility of the shaman. they had no niche.

The mass group buff paragon is the only thing I can remember them contributing eventually to raids, but I don't think they had in luclin (unsure of this).
Old 07-29-2019, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if they got better, but BST used to suck on live imo. It was a fun idea (and kinda fun class to play I guess), but as a hybrid of monk/shaman they were left as neither as good dps (or utility) of the monk nor as good utility of the shaman. they had no niche.

The mass group buff paragon is the only thing I can remember them contributing eventually to raids, but I don't think they had in luclin (unsure of this).
I disagree. As a top 10 beastlord on live. I was always near the top 5 for dps. I could solo damn near anything that could be slowed. And tanked multiple times on raids but to each their own
Old 07-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

In luclin era though? Beasts sucked in their initial era. They are better after they can feign and get the cold punches and stuff.

Also clerics don't bash till many expansions after luclin.

Shortie hybrids were good tho. Rangers became tremendously powerful. SKs as well.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowyabeastlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. As a top 10 beastlord on live. I was always near the top 5 for dps. I could solo damn near anything that could be slowed. And tanked multiple times on raids but to each their own
Not disagreeing that they are a fun class, as you said to each their own.

But also as you say, even as one of the top ones on your server you weren't the best dps...you weren't the best tank...you weren't the best slower...you weren't the best stats buffer. what was the special niche of the class?

It just always struck me, for that reason, that they didn't fit well into the existing classes dynamic. Same thing when berserker came out. From what I understand they eventually fixed berserker and made them pretty much a straight dps class (which wasn't something the game really needed, but it at least gave them an on-par niche with other classes).
Old 07-30-2019, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

I'd love to see berserker. I am entertained how SoE backfilled the vanilla planes, kunark and velious with berserker only armours; by this time GOD and OOW were out and far better tradable armours were available that were more easily attained. I wonder if anyone ever actually wore the 'vanilla' planar berserker armour.

I'd love to see a progression server where these classes are in from day 1!
Old 07-30-2019, 03:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also clerics don't bash till many expansions after luclin.
Wrong.

Cleric bash was towards the end of Luclin, about 1.5 months before PoP launch.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Remove horses, spire travel, and /trader at the bazaar (it can still be the trader hub), and new models and I would personally love Luclin. It has so much more to do for non raiders than Velious.
Last edited by jolanar; 07-30-2019 at 04:02 AM..
Old 07-30-2019, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

Let the clerics bash, I always say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread