Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default Probably not a shared opinion, but...

...I think Green would be more interesting if it stayed a true Classic server. No Kunark or Velious ever, just straight up Vanilla everquest for its entire lifespan.

Make Teal the progression server that starts at Vanilla and works towards Kunark and Velious until it becomes identical to Blue, then merge it with Blue and start Teal all over again, but keep Green as classic Vanilla EQ forever.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Voted merge into blue on the poll
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Why would you think that would be more "interesting"? Like you were sitting around I assume not totally stoned, and you were like what if we never drop Kunark even? That would be interesting to me because.....

So just complete that last sentence to us in a way that makes sense.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:57 AM
Kobold

Hate to break it to you but Green/Teal will never be merged into Blue, makes no sense. That statement was only ever said to keep people interested in Blue server.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate to break it to you but Green/Teal will never be merged into Blue, makes no sense. That statement was only ever said to keep people interested in Blue server.
Yeah you're right the staff are just totally going to keep creating new servers and paying to keep several servers up that are all sitting at Velious with the population scattered across all several of them making none of them really playable.

Low IQ comment.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Default green

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you're right the staff are just totally going to keep creating new servers and paying to keep several servers up that are all sitting at Velious with the population scattered across all several of them making none of them really playable.

Low IQ comment.
They already stated the potential of blue getting custom content. It's more likely if they do plan to keep rolling out new vanilla servers that those servers eventually merge into green at the end of the timeline. Merging into blue, a server that has not followed the original timeline makes no sense.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They already stated the potential of blue getting custom content. It's more likely if they do plan to keep rolling out new vanilla servers that those servers eventually merge into green at the end of the timeline. Merging into blue, a server that has not followed the original timeline makes no sense.
By the time a second iteration of a timeline merges into a green server running twice the length, whats the difference? Same situation
Old 06-19-2020, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Classic is by far my favorite. Only reason I want Kunark/Velious to come out is to clear out the people crowded in the classic zones.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the time a second iteration of a timeline merges into a green server running twice the length, whats the difference? Same situation
Because Blue timeline was in Kunark for years, allowing people to accumulate an unclassic amount of level 60s and platinum. Ultimately this is why I think they will go the custom content route with Blue and leave Green server on the truly classic timeline, separate from the watered down blue.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
leave Green server on the truly classic timeline, separate from the watered down blue.
You do understand that they will never make Luclin, right? So what exactly will Green become at that point?

Quote:
people [will] accumulate an unclassic amount of level 60s and platinum
Yes, it will become Blue 2.0 ... only there's no need for two "mostly classic" servers, so why would Rogean bother?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread