Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup Mayne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you think people should be banned for going AFK in a group? Odd take.
No. I think people should be suspended pending further investigation if they are in a duo and one of them has been AFK for over an hour while the other person also AFKs and their pet kills things and then a staff member shows up and asks them to complete a boxing test and they don't come back to the computer.

By the way, if you think it's an odd take then I guess you should take it up with the staff because that's how the process goes. If a staff member had run a boxing check on these two characters and one of them was AFK, the staff would give them a certain period of time to get back to the computer (usually a reasonable period of time) and complete the boxing test. If they don't come back the account is suspended and/or banned under a presumption of boxing. So I guess you're saying you don't agree with the staff?

But I'm not surprised that you would disagree with them on this considering how often people have seen the Mage and Bard AFK camping and looking like they are boxing.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:11 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP may be mad because that guard who's supposed to be phat exp at his level was camped, but that's different from stating from a 30 sec video showing a fire pet fighting a guard that they're cheating.
I'll clarify something here. At no time was I looking to camp more than one of the 3 guard spawns. I was looking for a single 6:40 spawn timer mob to kill while I did work at the same time. I also did not care if it was the guard that drops the shield and sword...I just wanted to EXP. I don't think I could have even handled all 3 at that level with my lower mana pool and weaker pet (I was using level 34 pet).

And I had one of the three guard spawns, so no I wasn't "mad" about anything...I had a mob to camp. The reason I began recording was that after a little while of me being there they both stopped moving and the pet was killing the other two guards that they were camping (it was not killing my guard so this was not about a camp dispute). So no, I'm not salty or mad, I just was casually killing my single spawn and saw two people AFK EXPing and potentially boxing and filmed multiple videos of it.

Although I did think it was funny that when I first showed up they tried to say they could camp all three, and then when they realized I knew the rules they claimed "oh well we have another Mage on the list ahead of you", and then when I essentially said "okay I'll just kill one of the guard spawns until the Mage gets here and then he can have the spawn and I'll go on the list" suddenly they actually didn't have a Mage on the list and I could have one of the spawns...clearly they wanted to monopolize spawns and when I made clear that I was happy to wait at the camp for the make believe Mage on the list to come they then allowed me to have a spawn lol
Old 08-24-2020, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fail to understand why you guys jump at once to the conclusion that someone's boxing. May be they just did not want to deal with / ignore someone breaking their balls at their camp? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would assume we're talking 2 separate players and 2 different chars. Very easy for admins to check if that's the case or not

You'd need to ask and get an IP exception or run EQ on 2 separate computers and running one with a vpn to get a different IP to do so

I'm not defending anyone, but where are the evidences that those guys are not just minding their business and playing the way they want?
Because a majority of people on P99 can't wrap their heads around people that actually play with RL friends and family. Causes solo life brains to go into overload.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

hmm

If someone is PLing an afk person

and that afk person cannot operate the boxing test by the time a GM arrives from a petition

then those accounts will probably be banned/suspended, and that makes sense.

this (boxers) is why we cant have nice things (trust that you're friend is really afk)
Old 08-24-2020, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because a majority of people on P99 can't wrap their heads around people that actually play with RL friends and family. Causes solo life brains to go into overload.
I am unable to add anything of value to this distillation of truth, so +1