Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 06:33 PM
Banned

Default As a competitive raider on WoW the raid scene on Green makes no sense to me.

On WoW the difference between a top raider and a casual raider is MASSIVE -- a casual raider will never even come close to having the same items as an end-game raider.

On P99 however, I inspect a player from Seal Team and I inspect a player from a random Federation guild, and their items are generally identical (in fact I have friends in Seal Team who have worse gear than me and I barely even raid).

Can someone explain to me why players get so heated over who gets to go first? I see these 18 hour days that my friends in ST put in, and I don't envy them. Especially when I know my more casual friends will likely end up with the same exact items without putting in any where near as much effort or work.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Thats because green has like, 4 raid mobs. Consider blue.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats because green has like, 4 raid mobs. Consider blue.
I'm happy with Green honestly. I'm going to LOL so hard when Kunark comes out and all of my friends who spent the last 5 months farming DKP suddenly realize that they should have been farming plat.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Wow check out mister bad ass raider over here
Old 08-25-2020, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm happy with Green honestly. I'm going to LOL so hard when Kunark comes out and all of my friends who spent the last 5 months farming DKP suddenly realize that they should have been farming plat.
when they spend that on level 60 spells and epic items youll see why they were farming that dkp

and then they will make soooo much more plat than they could make in classic in just the first few months of kunark.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow check out mister bad ass raider over here
Bet OP dances on the mailbox and makes edgy comments in the trade chat when he's not "competitively raiding" an instance.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when they spend that on level 60 spells and epic items youll see why they were farming that dkp

and then they will make soooo much more plat than they could make in classic in just the first few months of kunark.
I'm not going to give away my secret, but farming plat is dramatically easier pre-kunark. There's a reason guards all get buffed once it dropped. I can easily make 10K a day while tabbed out watching youtube and doing exercise in my room. All that will go away once Kunark goes, and I know for a fact that while I have several hundred thousand plat saved up, most of my raider friends don't even have enough money to pay their weekly dues.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Well, it is when youre not farming uncontested sebilis solo with your guilds advantage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it is when youre not farming uncontested sebilis solo with your guilds advantage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably won't want to anyways. My unemployment runs out in 12 weeks anyways. My goal is to enter Kunark with several hundred thousand platinum, and a ton of Tinkerer bags, and I already hit the goal. I'll likely be working full-time and only casually playing by the time Kunark comes out. But I do know for a fact that when Kunark drops, I'm going to be in a far better position than my broke-ass friends who spend 12 hours a day farming PoH/PoF for essentially no reward. I think at this point even they feel like idiots when they start to realize that my alts have better items than their mains. Of course most of them quit after about 2-3 weeks of raiding because they realize what a waste of time it is.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Im just guessing who knows what'll happen maybe everything will be a list! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread