Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did you guys pull Fesh to LTK last night? Doesn't that trivialize the content? It's absolutely fanstastic that you guys constantly preach wanting to clear to the dragons yet when you have the opportunity you never do it.
I'm against it in principle, but my guild does do it and I even participated in an attempt on a different mob last night. We're all in a position with current ruleset to keep up with the Jones' or get nothing, its the current raiding paradigm (and as Chest mentioned, training is a huge problem). It's like being against FTE foot races, yet you are being forced to participate in order to kill mobs.

Just accept that training mobs to get solo dragons to entrance is a cancer that has overtaken everyone, it was not what the original developers intended for content. We should all want to be better than that.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If any of the CSG guilds suddenly became 'top of the food chain' they'd exhibit the same exact behavior as A/A.
Couldn't be more wrong.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't be more wrong.
yeah, cutthroat people always think everyone would be cutthroat in their situation.

they misplace cause and effect.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And of course, the dumb neckbeards who do this religiously are the ones rushing to its defense, when it is absolutely 100% indefensible. No one wants to have to fucking dodge your stupid god damned dragon's AoE when they zone into ToV, and it's absolutely absurd that A/A can't muster the smallest ounce of consideration for other people and kill them at the west pad or just take 15 minutes out of their wall-staring to kill the first set of drakes and fight in the first hallway.

Well, yeah this did happen last night.

We had Vulak at zone in AND Aary just past the door at the same time, GL when you zone into that !
Old 11-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Kobold

I don't miss raiding. Killing Nagafen every once is awhile was fun though.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If any of the CSG guilds suddenly became 'top of the food chain' they'd exhibit the same exact behavior as A/A.
I genuinely believe CSG would rotate or share mobs if they were top of the food chain. It just seems to be who they are.

To answer someone else about them pulling to LTK, problem is even if they wanted to clear up to Fesh, without a substantial force this isn't really feasible. It's 1 hour and even just Fesh you've got about 6 trash mobs 4 dragon drakes and CotHing to Eashen stairs for that 80 man raid force, many/most of which are not camped out or bound in the zone. So the travel there alone for their raid force I imagine takes like 20 minutes.

Not to mention the herpderp wyvern train they would eat should another mob spawn while they're clearing.

What we really need is the north flurry Drake roamers near PoM and doubles to get removed (classic). Allow guilds to camp in north (classic) and have Mage bots in the safe corners. Just so long as they are acquiring FTE the same way, I don't see why their camp location even matters.

I think having a raid force at doubles hallway corner and triplets hallway would be really cool and immersive.

#MakeToVClassicAgain
Old 11-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't be more wrong.
A-Team was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

Asgard was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

Taken was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

BDA was casual scum, became a big fish (in a very very small pond - Class R) began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

No guild has ever ascended the ranks and become a 'liberator of pixels'. It doesn't work because you just open yourself up to losing that top spot and none of the guilds are will to accept that long fall from the top.

The only person I think could actually pull it off or would affect a change, given the opportunity, is Cloki and Omni.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
A-Team was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

Asgard was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

Taken was casual scum, became a big fish began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

BDA was casual scum, became a big fish (in a very very small pond - Class R) began acting like every other top-tier guild on this server had.

No guild has ever ascended the ranks and become a 'liberator of pixels'. It doesn't work because you just open yourself up to losing that top spot and none of the guilds are will to accept that long fall from the top.

The only person I think could actually pull it off or would affect a change, given the opportunity, is Cloki and Omni.
Raev dumped his roster into Rampage

Asgard dumped their roster into Aftermath

Taken dumped their roster into Awakened

BDA kept the rotation going for a year and did server wide raids when TMO was suspended and eventually left p99 for more fun EQ opportunities.

One of these isn't like the others.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
1st of April is that way >

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 11-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think it is more of an issue that to become top of the food chain, one must adopt this strategy, so Ella is correct. If no CSG guild adopts this mindset, it will not become top guild. Right or wrong.