Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

On the first read through, the books definitely peak at ASoS. When you get to Feast all the action and characters are missing and it's a huge let down. Taken alone and for what it is, there is a good story there and yeah, Cersei fucking up while thinking she's the successor to Tywin is fairly entertaining
Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am i the only one who thinks Fire and Ice are going to sacrifice themselves for the good of the realm in a tragic love lost scenario, and Gendry is going to be King, making the entire series of events in the books one big circle jerk because a Barathaon is back on the Throne?

I am far from caught up on reading on the pages in this thread, forgive me if someone mentioned this already.
i've said close to that. i expect Jon will sacrifice himself to save everyone in a very jesus/neo like fashion, and i think Dany will die giving birth to their child (just like Jon & Dany did to their mothers). Tyrion, having also killed his mother in childbirth feels bad for baby targ, and should end up ruling in his stead as King Regent. Gendry would have to be legitimized by a king to be un-bastardized, and i don't see a king legitimizing someone to be his direct competition for the throne. at best Gendry could end up as lord of Storm's End (as bastards can be bestowed titles & lands). Also, if you want a circle jerk, there's been a Targ on the throne as Robert's Grandmother was a Targaryen. Joffrey (albeit completely illegitimate) was the first non Targ on the throne since there was a throne, and there was never a Targaryen-Lannister marriage. if you acknowledge the right of conquest, then Stannis should be king (assuming Gendry isn't made legitimate), and if you don't acknowledge the conquest thing, then Jon should be king. but either way, you get more Targ blood wearing the crown.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-16-2017, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if you want a circle jerk, there's been a Targ on the throne as Robert's Grandmother was a Targaryen.
Mind.Blown
Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Kobold

People still giving GoT a thought in late 2017? you guys need to lay of the schezuan sauce.

Lets face it the next series is going to be a steaming pile of dogshit.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 11-20-2017, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, what kind of loser-nerds would wax theoretical about a show that only the entirety of humanity watches?!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:01 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, what kind of loser-nerds would wax theoretical about a show that only the entirety of humanity watches?!
yea, nerds.

so, Miguel Sapochnik is directing episodes 3 & 5 (with nutter doing 1, 2, 4, and with D&D doing episode 6). since hes the guy that did the Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards episodes, looks like we are getting two big battles next season. I'm thinking ep 6 will be more of an epilogue than anything else.

thoughts?

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 12-22-2017, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea, nerds.

so, Miguel Sapochnik is directing episodes 3 & 5 (with nutter doing 1, 2, 4, and with D&D doing episode 6). since hes the guy that did the Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards episodes, looks like we are getting two big battles next season. I'm thinking ep 6 will be more of an epilogue than anything else.

thoughts?
That makes me a little more interested in this final season. I thought the Battle of the Bastards was really well done. It had an impact.

It was riveting to watch and delivered on the hype in the weeks leading up to it. The story, not so excited about. Even if its great, its still a season finale and season finales tend to be meh.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 12-22-2017 at 06:19 AM..
Old 02-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

So isn't Jon basically just fucking his aunt?
Old 02-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Skeleton

Hodor
Old 02-28-2018, 04:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

fine. great video on Brendyn Rivers (three eyed crow) - https://youtu.be/1oEqnDAbCfE

enjoy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread