Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

just gonna call a spade a spade - the migrant caravan is pure political theater. it is not a coincidence that a perfect visual representation of american immigration anxieties is marching to the border a week before the midterms. it doesnt take a sophisticate to think about who actually benefits from those optics.

there is a 0% chance that any of these migrants make it across the border, and the same thing will happen to them that would have happened under a democratic administration, other than the whole political haymaking part.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just gonna call a spade a spade - the migrant caravan is pure political theater. it is not a coincidence that a perfect visual representation of american immigration anxieties is marching to the border a week before the midterms. it doesnt take a sophisticate to think about who actually benefits from those optics.

there is a 0% chance that any of these migrants make it across the border, and the same thing will happen to them that would have happened under a democratic administration, other than the whole political haymaking part.
Both parties can benefit from the caravan depending on what happens, so who knows who started, but someone definitely did.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both parties can benefit from the caravan depending on what happens, so who knows who started, but someone definitely did.
its an unambiguous lose/lose for liberals. if dem politicians take the bait and defend/align themselves with the migrants they alienate a lot of moderates and center-right people. if they condemn them they piss off the crazy open borders types in their own party.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Pence claims Venezuela & China. Trump claims Soros. Random guy on twitter claims Pueblo Sin Fronteras from liberal activist groups from . . probably Soros.

I can't find anyone claiming the migrant caravan is funded by the Republicans. The NY Times simply claims no one is funding them, which is of course completely ridiculous considering the food and water, trucks, tents, and other aid they are receiving. Also, if it were really funded by Republicans the media would simply refuse to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its an unambiguous lose/lose for liberals. if dem politicians take the bait and defend/align themselves with the migrants they alienate a lot of moderates and center-right people. if they condemn them they piss off the crazy open borders types in their own party.
I'm not sure it's so simple. I don't think Trump's base will be happy if the caravan arrives and he meekly processes them for asylum. I think the most likely explanation is that Soros is hoping that Trump will deploy the National Guard, and there will be a blood bath, and then the media will start going on about Trump as the next Hitler who gunned down 5000 'harmless refugees'.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure it's so simple. I don't think Trump's base will be happy if the caravan arrives and he meekly processes them for asylum. I think the most likely explanation is that Soros is hoping that Trump will deploy the National Guard, and there will be a blood bath, and then the media will start going on about Trump as the next Hitler who gunned down 5000 'harmless refugees'.
soros being some kind of liberal supervillain is just the most tiresome lazy meme in the world right now, without even getting into the uncomfortable antisemitic undertones that are always there.

and youre talking about weeks of negative political impact with all the coverage of the caravan just for the chance that some bloodshed at the end makes the other side look worse. its incredibly risky at best and hand wringingly evil at worst and in no way believable as the motive of real people in either case.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

it's retard level to think right wingers don't liek soros because he is a jew. that is a retarded thought becky:c you're talking about the party of Israel (the jewish nation whom leftists despise for oppressing arab terrorists) and Ben Shapiro. people don't liek George soros because he is a dirty rich man who thinks it's funny to flood the streets with raw sewage.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Change thread title to Bunch of unemployed shut in basement dwellers addicted to forums/raiding on 20 year old game pretend to have opinions on politics volume 1
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change thread title to Bunch of unemployed shut in basement dwellers addicted to forums/raiding on 20 year old game pretend to have opinions on politics volume 1
im employed and had intimate physicality with over 25 ppl in the last two weeks. i do not have opinions on politics; i stick to aesthetics. however i am addicted to elf-dopa. AMA
Old 10-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im employed and had intimate physicality with over 25 ppl in the last two weeks. i do not have opinions on politics; i stick to aesthetics. however i am addicted to elf-dopa. AMA
Can I be number 26?
Old 10-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I be number 26?
hmmm, perhaps. pay me a compliment while i consider it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread