Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though I'm AM tagged until I die I've have a pretty neutral viewpoint since I've stopped playing seriously a couple of years ago, but...

Tough look for anybody bragging about being #1 or killing AM when AM has been either #1 or 2 for 4 years of Velious and only fell off once green got announced, clearing to mobs became mandatory, and a megazerg formed to contest them. Hard to have a better run than AM did. Cringe if you think finally beating them down is much of an accomplishment.

Speaking of accomplishments here is the list of quality tier guilds that AM either ran off the server, caused to need to merge, or just plain beat up on in their 4 year run of excellence. Not mentioning the CSG types that didn't want to be in the fight to begin with.

Rampage
Awakened
Tempest
Core

And inb4 explanations on why any of the above guilds had the last laugh. Objectively speaking they existed in direct competition with AM (or F/A) and then they were gone.
Preach it Leg! The competitive raiding was definitely fun while it lasted. Minus the petitionquest bs of course.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a moron.
Sorry that you decided pixels were worth enough to sacrifice your morals and be led by an acknowledged sexual predator.

Also that winning isn’t enough and you need gloating to feel whole.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

raiding on blue was never fun or interesting, 5 neckbeard loot blackholes batphoning 50 casuals for a pop on 2 minute notice was always cancerous
Old 10-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry that you decided pixels were worth enough to sacrifice your morals and be led by an acknowledged sexual predator.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

The only guild that AM ever dominated or beat down was Tempest because, well, Bellringer.

Rampage waxed you guys till they got bored.

Awakened was more or less a 50/50 between the two guilds. Papa Sirken had to finally kill Awakened, not AM.

Are you really bragging about dominating <core>, a small-sized guild that spent most of it's time focusing on VP and other small number content?

Very objective, Legdumb.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming you actually do play P99 frequently, you see how hypocritical this is right?

"You guys are losers using your free time to play P99"

"I am not a loser for using my free time to play P99"
i only lashed out out of frustration. please be more considerate with your words...

*shuffles away sadly*
Old 10-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why does Monrezz still sound so scummy while he’s pretending to take the high road?
Old 10-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only guild that AM ever dominated or beat down was Tempest because, well, Bellringer.

Rampage waxed you guys till they got bored.

Awakened was more or less a 50/50 between the two guilds. Papa Sirken had to finally kill Awakened, not AM.

Are you really bragging about dominating <core>, a small-sized guild that spent most of it's time focusing on VP and other small number content?

Very objective, Legdumb.
Actually, no. What I was trying to have come across wasn't that we always dominated or beat down whatever incarnation of the competition existed (which is why I said constantly #1 OR 2), but instead that 4 years without fracturing, disbanding, rebranding, etc. is the accomplishment especially while our competition always ended up doing one of those. I agree that competition through all of those guilds, even Tempest, was largely 50/50 with big swings in either direction.

And I'll take the bait on Awakened....it may have been Sirken that suspended you guys to death, but there is no question in my mind that AW had it coming in spades for all of the shenanigans that you all pulled over the years that went unpunished. There is something subjective for you to jump at.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does Monrezz still sound so scummy while he’s pretending to take the high road?
Because you're suffering from cognitive bias and find it easier to paint the picture you want instead of being objective, plus you think it's funnier to try and score some internet points with internet strangers instead of accepting that your morale compass valued pixels over predation.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Wait, what?
Closed Thread