Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I can tell so far? Because you're an asshole but you don't have the nerve to talk to people in real life the way that you can on the internet so this is the only place where you can feel big in the non-fat way.
Omg 🔥
Old 11-28-2019, 04:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk who is telling the truth about the training, etc., but technically the person you're calling out is right. By the letter of the server rules, if you leave the camp then you can no longer claim it and someone else can take it. You could've just run into RV to bank or vendor for example and come back out 30 seconds later and someone could take the camp in that time. The second you leave the camp, it's no longer yours. That's facts.

Now, we can say the defendant is a jerk or whatever and should be a bit nicer about you going to help someone out with a SoW for a CR, but he's technically not wrong that he can come and take the camp when you leave. Better thing for you to do in the future to avoid any issues would be to have the person needing the SoW come to you at your camp.
Not quite true. What is supposed to happen is the other guy who shows up later and is interested in taking the camp that was already being held is supposed to make it known he is contesting the camp. He actually did the entire opposite, telling me he was leaving and to tell him when I'm done with the camp.

Additionally, the "second you leave the camp" is also not true. Even after being contested, you only have to maintain a presence "nearby" in the zone, not right at the spawn/camp.

And it doesn't matter anyway, i already conceded he could rule lawyer if he wanted and it would mean each claiming a spawn and everything else is FTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of double and triple posting by OP indicates he is very mad
Think you are confusing who the OP is. I've hardly even posted in this thread as I've said my piece and stated all the facts correctly as they had occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you abandon a camp, and the zone that it's in, you give up your claim to the camp. You can make up some bullshit term like "elf lawyering" but the obvious truth here is that Kantok was following the server's rules and you were not.

OP case is a sympathetic one, but he was definitely the one in the wrong here.
No, he didn't follow the rules. He trained me. Additionally, in an outdoor zone you can only technically claim one spawn and that's exactly what happened in this instance. The camping rules were 100% followed to the letter.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite true. What is supposed to happen is the other guy who shows up later and is interested in taking the camp that was already being held is supposed to make it known he is contesting the camp. He actually did the entire opposite, telling me he was leaving and to tell him when I'm done with the camp.

Additionally, the "second you leave the camp" is also not true. Even after being contested, you only have to maintain a presence "nearby" in the zone, not right at the spawn.
This is incorrect. You literally have to be at the camp for the most part. By maintaining a presence nearby in the zone they mean like you can go a bit back from the camp if it’s dangerous to camp right next to it.

If you leave the camp you lose it. For instance, if you run off to vendor quick, you lose the camp (hence why people doing camps like Felwithe guards will pay people to go vendor the loot for them).

You have a misunderstanding of the rules. Sorry.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is incorrect. You literally have to be at the camp for the most part. By maintaining a presence nearby in the zone they mean like you can go a bit back from the camp if it’s dangerous to camp right next to it.

If you leave the camp you lose it. For instance, if you run off to vendor quick, you lose the camp (hence why people doing camps like Felwithe guards will pay people to go vendor the loot for them).

shut up
Old 11-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This is only true is the camp is being contested. If nobody is contesting, you can absolutely go sell and whatnot as long as you dont die/zone/fail to return before respawn. Once someone communicates their intention to contest, then you need to maintain presence.

Directly from the PNP, underlined relevant part:

[QUOTE]That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

opps, forgot the closing [/QUOTE] tag. Anyway, you get the point.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Tethler;3039554]This is only true is the camp is being contested. If nobody is contesting, you can absolutely go sell and whatnot as long as you dont die/zone/fail to return before respawn. Once someone communicates their intention to contest, then you need to maintain presence.

Directly from the PNP, underlined relevant part:

Quote:
That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
And defendant had said he wanted the camp when OP was done with it and had been sitting there for hours waiting soooo....

Seems contested to me
Old 11-30-2019, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

And defendant had said he wanted the camp when OP was done with it and had been sitting there for hours waiting soooo....

Seems contested to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He finally messages me, asking if I'll tell him when the camp is free. I say sure, no problem. He leaves.

ast forward another hour or two... etc
At this point, he is no longer contesting. He's waiting on a list while being elsewhere for at least an hour.

Assuming the OP is telling the truth anyway /shrug
Old 11-30-2019, 06:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of the time im laughing at RNF
Quit crying. No one cares.
Closed Thread