Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

Default New server is a horrible Idea this is why

I came to this game recently and one thing that has made me stay is the large amount of players compared to other private servers. You may think splitting the players up at this point wouldnt be a bad idea because there are plenty to spare right? What about slow times like this morning? I logged on and there are slightly less than 500. I was able to group with someone before work and enjoy seeing other players in the game. Now what will happen if they split those users up? When I log into the game the world will look barren. I dont mind starting in a topheavy server. Life is topheavy. MMORPG is a simulation of life. Players who have everything dont really need a new server. Nobody is forcing them to twink new characters.
Last edited by A1rh3ad; 10-25-2016 at 08:49 AM..
Old 10-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Whew! good thing you brought this up before it was too late.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

First of all, it's morning as you said? On a weekday? EVERY MMO IS SLOW IN MORNINGS!!!!

I for one enjoy early play times in the day because it's "slow". You actually can level a low level at orc1 without seeing multiple 20-60s farming it for belts, or you can have a slightly better chance that a camp isn't being poopsocked as it is for hours long when the server is busier.

A new server would help because the fact is we have too many neckbeards on one server that lock down everything so casuals can't enjoy their casual gameplay!

A new server would only alleviate some of the bottlenecking of things too.

Just like a great philosopher once said about his beloved city home,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA

Either wipe blue clean, or create a new server. Or, do both!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Mornings are for people to go to work and earn a living and for euro folk. 500 people is a ton of folk for that time if you ask me. Don't see anything wrong with a new server to thin out the upper tiers of poopsockers with 20 alts. New players most likely won't migrate in my opinion since noob gear is cheap and plentiful on blue.

You were also just raising holy Hell asking for IP exemption and complaining left and right how unjust it was it took so long... Seeing a lot of "I" in your post and no "we". Hmmm...
Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Its all opinion. I may be completely wrong.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

New server would just be poopsocked by same people while they poopsock on blue

New server would probly be worse because of legacy items etc bringin out the worst in ppl

I have no doubt someone would corpse over 100 manastones before its removed
Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have no doubt someone would corpse over 100 manastones before its removed
You mean like how P99 Blue began too?

Give me a break, you don't think knowledgeable people didn't farm the crap out of items before they were rendered no longer droppable?

I view this response as commonly held by people who amassed millions of plats early on when Blue began, and have held a stranglehold on it ever since.

These same people also have banks filled with so much shit they have 10 accounts filled with alts just to hold all their pixels. Like someone else said, this is a hoarders mentality.

I also think it's more than that though.

I think people who have 10 manastones, 20 fungis, countless Horns of Hsagras, etc., they simply enjoy weilding all this wealth while others below them have no chance to ever reach that point due to the the fact the wealthy were on the server first and able to manipulate the market by farming items that would later not drop.

Sure, this will happen again, it's inevitable! But, let some other people have a chance to partake in the wealth on a new server.

Let newer players who have just discovered P99 have a chance to get a Guise of the Deceiver for their druids, pallies, ogre warriors, etc.! Let newer players have a chance to farm Holgresh Elder Beads and then sell them for 100k! Let newer players have a chance to get a Manastone!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New server would just be poopsocked by same people while they poopsock on blue

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 10-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like how P99 Blue began too?

Give me a break, you don't think knowledgeable people didn't farm the crap out of items before they were rendered no longer droppable?

I view this response as commonly held by people who amassed millions of plats early on when Blue began, and have held a stranglehold on it ever since.

These same people also have banks filled with so much shit they have 10 accounts filled with alts just to hold all their pixels. Like someone else said, this is a hoarders mentality.

I also think it's more than that though.

I think people who have 10 manastones, 20 fungis, countless Horns of Hsagras, etc., they simply enjoy weilding all this wealth while others below them have no chance to ever reach that point due to the the fact the wealthy were on the server first and able to manipulate the market by farming items that would later not drop.

Sure, this will happen again, it's inevitable! But, let some other people have a chance to partake in the wealth on a new server.

Let newer players who have just discovered P99 have a chance to get a Guise of the Deceiver for their druids, pallies, ogre warriors, etc.! Let newer players have a chance to farm Holgresh Elder Beads and then sell them for 100k! Let newer players have a chance to get a Manastone!
Isn't that the point of an mmo though? The strong thrive while the plebs try to work their way up the ranks.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whew! good thing you brought this up before it was too late.
Closed Thread