Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I wish we could get classic Paw to work
That one mob gave positive Trakanon faction when you killed it.

Can you imagine what this would mean for ganking on the next red server?
Old 12-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That one mob gave positive Trakanon faction when you killed it.

Can you imagine what this would mean for ganking on the next red server?
crazy Trak faction was even in the game on launch.

That means Kunark plans were cooked in some parts.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crazy Trak faction was even in the game on launch.

That means Kunark plans were cooked in some parts.
There was a discussion a few months back where I questioned how much of kunark was actually planned in classic and one guy claimed a lot and there's little pieces of evidence around. This one would be really interesting.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the staff had time to add old Paw yet.

In the meantime, here is a nice guide to old Paw from eqclerics (also useful for the devs I think):

http://web.archive.org/web/200103040...ide_to_paw.htm
my favorite thing about that is the player mentioning it took them a week to get through level 15. While certainly player skill and knowledge is no where near what it is today that is ridiculous and just goes to show how wrong the zems are .
Old 12-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

Lightbulb I LIKE this thread

I'd play at least another week if Old Paw was added to Green. Extra fun if the necromancers charmed like they originally did in 1999.

I still like new paw, would just like to experience something new to me (Old paw).
Old 12-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play at least another week if Old Paw was added to Green. Extra fun if the necromancers charmed like they originally did in 1999.

I still like new paw, would just like to experience something new to me (Old paw).
It's funny ... after ten years of "waiting for classic" here ... now that Green/Teal have been released, I feel like a lot of us are back to "waiting for classic".

Here's hoping in 10 years we get a true classic server, with Infected Paw, Charming Necromancers and Shaman, classic ZEMs, the ability to turn in items for quests and get classic experience, and so on.

P.S. Why is this thread still in the Blue forum, of all places?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my favorite thing about that is the player mentioning it took them a week to get through level 15. While certainly player skill and knowledge is no where near what it is today that is ridiculous and just goes to show how wrong the zems are .
I would agree that the XP scaling is inaccurate on Green. Not that I'm complaining, as I have a lot less time to enjoy EQ now days compared to 1999... but it took me a few months to actually get to L50 back then.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. Why is this thread still in the Blue forum, of all places?
Cause Green server chat would be like "But this is classic!"

Ironically there is a thread talking about "classic custom" content on the Green board.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

BTW, if there are any motivated Infected Paw fans out there ... I started a project, got busy, and will (maybe) one-day restart it ... but IRL I'm super busy ATM, so if anyone wants to help ...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Infected_Paw

The idea was basically to take everything in this thread to create a wiki page that's half a standard zone wiki page (for all the stuff we're certain of) and half is just a good summary of the research data from this thread (for everything else). I thought about splitting them into two pages, and maybe that will happen later, but right now there's not enough stuff to bother.

The way I see it, someday we'll see Infected Paw here right? When we do, we'll want a wiki page, so partly this is just an early start on that. But also I figured it would be a lot handier if all the researchers (and I'd imagine Nilbog too) could see all of the research data in one carefully "curated" page, rather than in its current form (spread randomly across a bunch of forum posts).

So who knows, maybe helping build this page will make Infected Paw come faster, by organizing the data better for our beloved dev supreme? And even if not, at least it helps build the future wiki page for when the zone goes live. Either way: who wants to help?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool link , i clicked screenshots and look at the first one, brad showing off his armor and sword to a bunch of nubs

https://web.archive.org/web/20000831...ts/aradune.JPG
Great pic, I used it to make: http://wiki.project1999.com/Brad_McQuaid

Closed Thread