Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AAs were a trainwreck too in a lot of ways. The grind never ends with AAs.
Ever_Quest. =P

But beastlords were/are super duper fun. Their epic 1.0 was pretty broken.
Endless quiver was rad AF and gave utility to the Ranger, which is a super fun and relevant fantasy class that is so sadly 'micturated' upon in classic.

Runspeed AAs deny pixulz to the AC farmers that are always causing grief.

HP Regen AAs make a competitive edge for people without the class resources or financial resources to secure fungus - just all-around QoL improvements for average joe players, really. Hardcore Raiders on p99 basically have AAs in terms of the amount of hp regen/mana regen/clickie nonsense that are simply not attainable by joe schmoe the 12 hours a week gnome magician, or his brother schlameel the sporadic halfling cleric.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Wipe it clean 2019.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe it clean 2019.
They just release a clean server.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they've officially announced anything about either Blue or Green since Teal's release and from the rumors I've heard they're most interested in catering to the hardcore raiders on Green and less interested in preserving Blue.
Yeah, cause we all know the "hardcore raiders" should be in charge AND get diplomatic immunity to all charges. Sounds oddly familiar... :c
Old 11-26-2019, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my understanding their legal agreement with Daybreak states they will never go beyond Velious, and even if they could I don't think they want to. I like Luclin and all the way to Omens but that's what other servers are for.
That is a conspiracy theory propagated by the folks who were hoping against hope to keep Blue the most relevant server in P99 land.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a conspiracy theory propagated by the folks who were hoping against hope to keep Blue the most relevant server in P99 land.
So you believe that Green will continue into Luclin?

If no: Why does it matter if the agreement limits it, and how does this make Blue more popular?

If yes: Where do you think they'll be beta testing Luclin?

If anything adding MORE content will make Blue more popular because that content will presumably be tested in Blue first, lest people cry "not classic".
Old 12-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Orc

The most fun I ever had on live was done pre-Luclin, so I'm not sure I would appreciate it much.. not to say that I would be against it, just that I personal wasn't a fan of it. But there were fixes and quest chains that were finished, which had nothing to do with actual Luclin content, that I would very much appreciate being brought in. Such as the Iksar racial weapon/armor quests. They didn't get fixed/finalized until that time frame, but you never had to use any of the Luclin content to complete them. As well as other quality of life changes.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue should switch to a weekly earthquake with variance in lieu of natural respawns. Then they should add a new raid to replace the permanently removed warders, but no keying required, since keying was invented by subscription minded devs to artificially delay content which isn't applicable here.

Just my 2c as a player on a free server that contributes nothing but a drain on resources.
I'm totally on board with putting the Warders back in game as a 5 or 7 day respawn (and removing the sleeper event so that they cannot disappear again).

But taking the key out of Sleepers Tomb would be care bear as fuck.
Join a guild that raids key mobs and earn a key.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm totally on board with putting the Warders back in game as a 5 or 7 day respawn (and removing the sleeper event so that they cannot disappear again).

But taking the key out of Sleepers Tomb would be care bear as fuck.
Join a guild that raids key mobs and earn a key.
I don't think they should touch VP or ST as its classic content (though I'm not opposed to re-adding warders, w/e).

I'm talking about hypothetical future raids. Casual guilds are happy getting a big target here and there and not every repop, but it's not feasible with keying. This thread seemed about content suggestions for players that aren't interested in joining/being the top guild dominating the content, since that's literally green servers purpose.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Never gonna happen
Closed Thread