Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Large Rat

Default Level 20 Shaman - Hitting a wall

Basically what the title says. Started out with EQ during release time and played during Kunark and a bit of Velious.

I've been on the P99 server for the past 2 weeks or so. In general, it's been a blast, but as I've gotten into the 20's it has turned into an interminable grind. I find my character too weak to effectively solo and there isn't always a group available.

Any suggestions from the vets/people who've been through a similar situation?
Old 04-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Try Lake Rathe (Aviaks) or South Karana (KFC or Hermit.)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Banned

Dude, stick with it til 24. Iirc you get canni and regenerate and that's when the shaman really starts to shine.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

Chairman,

I gave the hermit camp in Karana a try but he kills me approximately 40% of the time.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Hello Hamburgler,

I am levelling a warrior at the moment, mostly solo, and I did level 15 to 36 exclusively in Upper Guk. It is a dungeon you need to learn, and you will most probably die some horrible deaths on your journey, but the ZEM (exp modifier) is absolutely incredible. At level 20 the heart spiders around #18 on the EQAtlas map are very nice. You also have a shaman trainer and spell vendors very nearby in the wonderful city of Grobb.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Large Rat

Hi, Nagoya.

I did give the heart spiders a try -- some were green at my current level. The other issue was the "large heart spider" who considered even and came with a friend, making the camp difficult for me to break and camp. But I'll go back to Uguk and look for a group again.

Thanks all for the help/tips.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I soloed until 25 in the Warrens. Good loot, awesome do, though it does slow down and you het higher, relatively safe if you choose the right spots. Mischievous batlord, mighty bear pw and hunt master spawn close to stonebrunt zone line so you can run if you have to. Back by prince bragnar there are about 6-7 higher level kobolds you can single pull. You can also kill roomers in stone brunt at the warrens zone line.

Avoid king room, mischievous batlings, diseased and Kobold outcasts
Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

I just releveled my shaman from 1-35 last week. At level 20 I was at the Lguk zone line in Upper guk forming groups and slaughtering frogs until 24. It took a day from 20-24. At 24, I went to highkeep basement and joined goblin groups until 35. That took about 2 days.

FYI, Shaman's are brutal until 34. At 34 you get a pet :P but I burned myself out and am taking a break.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just releveled my shaman from 1-35 last week. At level 20 I was at the Lguk zone line in Upper guk forming groups and slaughtering frogs until 24. It took a day from 20-24. At 24, I went to highkeep basement and joined goblin groups until 35. That took about 2 days.

FYI, Shaman's are brutal until 34. At 34 you get a pet :P but I burned myself out and am taking a break.
This is a good path. Agree the pet at 34 does make it a bit easier.

Alternatives around 20:

Lake of Ill Omen (around windmill / goblin fort)
Kerrans in Erud's Crossing
Wolves/spiders in East Karana
Highpass gnolls/goblins (not too easy solo)
Cordelia Minster (L17), bard near wizard spire in North Karana (6 min respawn), wanders north and back if you don't see her there straight away.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:13 AM
Large Rat

I'm much obliged to all of you for the suggestions. I'll keep trying them out one by one until I find one that fights.

Cheers!
Closed Thread