Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

But then why support the democrats who IMO are more evil, because they are taking the space the left would take up. The republicans didn't get rid of the left, the left did!
Old 08-17-2022, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Communism is the perfect system to solve our food waste problem.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find politics ironic.

like, roby cant bring himself to support conservatives.

I cant bring myself to support democrats.

We both cant bring ourselves to support these groups, for the exact. same. reasons.

The difference is, Im like, I see the democrats were lying to us! They said they would help the people but they only helped themselves!

Roby is like, dont you see the republican's are lying to you! They say they will help the people, but they will only help themselves!

And this is the circle of life.

Back and forth, forever.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2022, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are not familiar with the paradox of tolerance. Read up, idiot.
Does this theory make it legal to intimidate or attack protestors who were themselves peaceful at the time?

Like mob justice? These are bad people promoting bad ideas so we get to attack them with sticks and bear mace? This is “progress”? Sounds primitive to me
Old 08-17-2022, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first time I thought, holy shit they are lying to us.

Is when Obama made his cabinet entirely out of bankers, and then subsequently bailed out the banks.

I held onto that hope for another 7 or 8 years though.

Sad. To just take an entire generation, and to mentally ass rape them like that.

But you're right his VP is probably trying to curb the inflation that started after his bold new plans on energy and brute force diplomacy.

Keep the hope alive!
Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for improving society. Drag Queens in front of elementary kids, boys are girls, girls are boys. Redefining Inflation. Killing babies. Destroying gender roles. Destroying the family structure. Demonizing the teachings of Jesus. Complete erosion of trust in the established media. The list goes on and on and none of them are improving anything.

I'm all for thoughtful and SLOW improvement. Jumping ahead to claim the new ground on improvement only leads to folly. Good luck out there.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions
Old 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then why support the democrats who IMO are more evil, because they are taking the space the left would take up. The republicans didn't get rid of the left, the left did!
My support is limited and coerced. I'd have voted for Bernie if he hadn't been screwed by the DNC again. And even that would not have been enough, and no, he wouldn't have passed anything through congress.

Also, stomping out actual Leftists from holding power in national offices is kinda baked into the crust in American politics. There's a reason there's no labor party here. On this type of issue the Democrats and Republicans have always agreed, at least since the civil war era.

Even if none of that was true, believe me, the infighting on the Left would do a great job of fracturing it without any intervention from outsiders regardless of their affiliations.

This is also why I'd be on board with more of a parliament style system if I had the option. Forcing these fractious goobers to form coalitions to do things in government.

Assuming I can't have the post-scarcity anarcho-communism, that is, but that's something I always figured I wouldn't live to see either way
Old 08-17-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2022, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is also why I'd be on board with more of a parliament style system if I had the option. Forcing these fractious goobers to form coalitions to do things in government.
Idk how they work but it looks like they have insurrections every day in their parliamentary buildings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2022, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe. Now I have to listen to some Leonard Cohen, which means I have to wear headphones

"Too drippy" she says
Closed Thread