Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 07:25 PM
Large Rat

Default Is the UN a way to reduce GM workload or a GM enforced Mafia? [Green]

I'll preface this by saying I fully support the existence of the UN, and I don't believe it is a Mafia, but got worried when reading the quote further on in this post.

It is sensible to have dialogue between guilds and to have an agreed upon framework to work within that reduce stress and workload on the long suffering, unpaid, staff (i.e. the GMs) that very kindly give their time to help us play on this server together.

What I have been seeing on the UN discord recently seems to indicate that server rules do not apply if enough guilds on the server say that it is so.

Lineage, as many of you will know, left the UN a month or two ago. We did this for various reasons that have not been well communicated to others, a good chunk of the blame for that goes on our guild leader Maibbin. He is good at leading raids, he is good at inspiring a whole group of people to go at things as one, he is good at EQ the game.... He is not good at diplomacy, he is not good at negotiating, he is not good at not pissing people off.

We [the guild] have asked he take a step back from speaking on our behalf, we love him, we appreciate him, we want him as a leader in many ways... but we do not want things he says at heated moments defining us as a guild. He understands this and has agreed.

We've had other people attempting to negotiate for us for sky rotations in the UN, they have been met with statements like this:

Quote:
Phatez Today at 6:23 PM
I am going to ask the GM to enforce whatever rotation the UN comes up with so you can't muck it up.
I guess my question here is, in this instance a representative (former guild leader) of the top guild on the server - Seal Team - an there's no debate there, I appreciate you guys are VERY good at this game, you are dominating things due to your dedication, understanding of mechanics and cleverly using every aspect of that to your advantage [this is not sarcastic I respect what you do].

What I do take exception to is the notion that GMs will enforce the rotation that you have defined, and if people go against it there will be GM consequences?!

Is this classic Everquest or not? You play on p99 but you seem to want the equivalent of instanced content when it suits you.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Large Rat

Plese ignore "I guess my question here is" at the start of the last bit. did not proof read -50dkp
Old 08-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Consider not mucking it up
Old 08-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Orc

What precisely is your goal here? To race / contest everything and circumvent the UN? Because then you’ll just have every guild, Seal Team included, there to compete and ensure you don’t “muck it up.”

The UN is trying to build consensus and agreement amongst a lot of different competing interests. In the words of the above poster, consider not mucking it up.

GM enforcement of such policies is quite classic. They kept the peace in creative ways. This would be no different.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:40 PM
Large Rat

when your coveted leader has run his mouth and destroyed any goodwill you have you can expect to be met with comments like that. he was told numerous times that everyone wanted to work with him and he demanded the moon (36 hours in sky) and wouldn't negotiate. he got mad and took his ball home and then this new representative of officers wants to come and pretend like maibbin didn't say stupid shit. you had your chance and he fucked it up. work on repairing the distrust and you guys will get your fair share.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I remember, back in the day, when live first came out... I remember when the largest guild on the server decided to make everyone else do rotations on the content when it was convenient for their schedule. When in order to get time in new content you had to join their fan club and prove yourself to them or else they would petition you to the GMs the second you showed up in "their" zone. And the GMs would message them in public forums and say things like "just LMK if issues arise with them in sky today".

I remember when the planes came out and the big guild told people that they were going to hold it for two weeks and the other guilds could come up whenever they say it's okay. And the GMs supported it. I remember all those good times so well...

Wait, hold on a minute.... That P99, and is the opposite of the spirit of Everquest... never mind, I must be drunk.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I love content like this:

Perplexa <Kingdom>Today at 12:21 PM
Seems very silly, ST got what 16 clears of sky so far. Fed has gotten 8, Lineage 1
Phatez <Seal Team> Today at 12:21 PM
2 weeks
That was when the formal rotation was going to start from the begining.
2 weeks is on friday... we are having a meeting to formalize slots tonight.
Galach <GM> Today at 12:21 PM
just LMK if issues arise with them in sky today
Old 08-27-2020, 10:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

At least DMO gets it

Jack <Dark Men of Odus>Today at 12:25 PM
wait you mean each guild in the federation doesn't get the same number of slots as ST??
???

But you gotta love moments when you get to remember that the UN is Seal Team's. Through and through. (as well as ... all of the participants of the convos)

Perplexa <Kingdom>Today at 12:33 PM
Why does ST have permissions to kick without the mod role?
Phatez <Seal Team> Today at 12:33 PM
This is my server
Old 08-27-2020, 10:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am unbiased as I don't play on green, but I am curious about this general question.

My understanding was that GMs enforce player-made agreements. So, if guilds A, B, and C (the UN) made an agreement to do a Sky rotation, and then guild B showed up during guild A's slot, a GM would enforce the player-made agreement between these guilds.

However, guild D is not part or party to any of the agreements between A, B, and C. So there is no agreement here for a GM to enforce.

Yes? No?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[1:14 PM] Galach: @Phatez
[1:15 PM] Phatez: He accepted 12h of uncontested sky, and was aware that we were moving to a permanent rotation on friday.
[1:15 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: Vill I think you were told to stop kicking people you dont agree with
[1:15 PM] Phatez: I kicked him
[1:15 PM] Phatez: After accepting his 12h of uncontested 2-4, per our player agreement, he then contested ST sky last night.
[1:15 PM] Phatez: AFAIK he was brought back to this channel to discuss sky. Something he has proven he is unwilling to do.
[1:16 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: What exactly was the whole agreement though?
[1:16 PM] Phatez: We are discussing the long term agreement tonight at midnight.
[1:16 PM] Phatez: For this week they were given 12h uncontested.
[1:16 PM] Phatez: We also let them loot our key rots on island 2-4 the last couple of days, for nothing in return.
[1:17 PM] Phatez: Last night they decided to kill our Gorg on spawn.
[1:17 PM] Phatez: NayrueToday at 1:04 PM
we're contesting everyone until we got a slot
[1:21 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: Seems very silly, ST got what 16 clears of sky so far. Fed has gotten 8, Lineage 1
[1:21 PM] Phatez: 2 weeks
[1:21 PM] Phatez: That was when the formal rotation was going to start from the begining.
[1:21 PM] Phatez: 2 weeks is on friday... we are having a meeting to formalize slots tonight.
[1:21 PM] Galach: just LMK if issues arise with them in sky today
[1:23 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: I really dont understand the logic behind allowing competitive sky. Feds pretty much took the short end of the stick just to save all the possible headaches. We were content however. I do sympathize with Lineages position of being told you only get 1 slot after fighting tooth and nail for it.
[1:23 PM] Phatez: The biggest issue I have with it, Perplexa, is that they agreed to 12h uncontested. As soon as that ended they went right back to stealing mobs in sky.
[1:23 PM] Phatez: My plan I was going to discuss tonight was 2.5 slots Fed, 2.5 slots ST, 2 slots lineage, 1 FOH 1 CI
[1:23 PM] Legendarymonk <Venerate>: It's crazy because as soon as it was done he was right back to being maibbin
[1:23 PM] Phatez: 5 slots open raid
[1:24 PM] Phatez: thats what i was going to propose at least
[1:24 PM] Phatez: I really don't think I am the bad guy here. Maybe I am.
[1:25 PM] Jack <Dark Men of Odus>: wait you mean each guild in the federation doesn't get the same number of slots as ST??
[1:25 PM] Jack <Dark Men of Odus>: ???
[1:25 PM] Phatez: We gotta discuss it tonight...
[1:26 PM] Phatez: I asked Pac to brainstorm how to divy up the 9 slots as well... I wanted to see what he came up with.
[1:26 PM] Phatez: My opinion is Mon-Fri AM open raid
[1:26 PM] Phatez: which leaves 9 slots, Mon-Fri PM, Sat/Sun AM/PM
[1:32 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: Phatez, was it actually you that kicked Nayrue though?
[1:32 PM] Vill <Seal Team>: It was
[1:33 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: How
[1:33 PM] Vill <Seal Team>: What do you mean, how?
[1:33 PM] Phatez: right click
[1:33 PM] Phatez: bann player
[1:33 PM] Phatez: right click
[1:33 PM] Phatez: kick player
[1:33 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: Why does ST have permissions to kick without the mod role?
[1:33 PM] Phatez: This is my server
[1:33 PM] Perplexa <Kingdom>: ah I see
Closed Thread