Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-30-2022, 05:23 PM
Aviak

Default Rolling a SK or warrior

Looking at rolling an ogre SK or warrior. Trying to figure out how feasible it is to gear one for under 5K.. any advice?
Old 01-30-2022, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

You can gear either of them for 5k, sk will be more ideal for solo fear kiting and group stuff whereas warriors shines for raids in the end game. I’d say pick what you want to do in the end but I find most of the time the journey is the best part.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

in general the less money you have to spend on gear the worse warriors are. hybrids are mostly more fun in general because they have much wider toolsets, even if they aren't as powerful in the end-game. You can also get very efficient weapons like ebon mace that are relatively cheap for how powerful they are (at least on blue).
Old 01-30-2022, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the more important question is what do you want to do with the character? If you are planning on raiding, roll warrior. If you mostly solo and group, SK will be better. 5k can get you good starting gear on blue for either class, you will certainly be way ahead of a brand new player for the first 30 levels at least
Old 01-30-2022, 08:04 PM
Aviak

I appreciate the replies. I am on blue and will be primarily playing with a cleric and enchanter (possibly shaman instead of ench). Leaning more towards the SK as I don't really raid at all. I've seen the ebon mace mentioned a few times in threads I've looked at.

What about other stuff besides 55hp rings etc? I've never played a SK.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyxxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the replies. I am on blue and will be primarily playing with a cleric and enchanter (possibly shaman instead of ench). Leaning more towards the SK as I don't really raid at all. I've seen the ebon mace mentioned a few times in threads I've looked at.

What about other stuff besides 55hp rings etc? I've never played a SK.
For your budget something like this would work:

Ebon Mace - 1.5k or a bit less.
Silver Chitin Hand Wraps - 500pp or a bit less.
Clay Guardian Shield - 150pp or a bit less.
2x 5/55 HP rings - 500pp or a bit less.
2x Orc Fang Earrings - 400pp or a bit less.
Full set of Crustacean Shell Armor - 1k or a bit less. Don't buy gloves or shield since you already have Silver Chitin Hand Wraps and Clay Guardian Shield.
Chipped Velium Amulet - 100pp or a bit less.
Spiked Steel Wrap - 50pp or a bit less
Worked Dragonwing Mantle - 300pp or a bit less
Ancient Seahorse Hide Cloak - 300pp or a bit less.
Goblin Forged Iron Mask - 30pp or a bit less. Can probably find it on merchants.
Sarnak Backstabber (For ranged slot) - 150pp or a bit less.

This may not be an absolutely perfect list, but it gets you fully slotted out for just under 5k. I am generally listing the higher end price, so you could shave off a few hundred pp easily if you can talk the seller down a bit. Since some of these pieces are quite cheap you may be waiting a little while to buy them (not as many sellers). Some of the items like the mask you can farm yourself if you have a high level character.

If you have a tiny bit of money left over buy a cheap 1hs, 2hs, and 2h blunt weapon for training your weapon skills. You can use the Sarnak Backstabber to train piercing. Buy some Hand Made Backpacks as well. You can farm Shralok packs yourself once you get to level 20 or so, those will be the best bang for your buck in terms of cheap bags.

Good Luck!
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-30-2022 at 08:45 PM..
Old 01-30-2022, 08:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For your budget something like this would work:

Ebon Mace - 1.5k or a bit less.
Silver Chitin Hand Wraps - 500pp or a bit less.
Clay Guardian Shield - 150pp or a bit less.
2x 5/55 HP rings - 500pp or a bit less.
2x Orc Fang Earrings - 400pp or a bit less.
Full set of Crustacean Shell Armor - 1k or a bit less. Don't buy gloves or shield since you already have Silver Chitin Hand Wraps and Clay Guardian Shield.
Chipped Velium Amulet - 100pp or a bit less.
Spiked Steel Wrap - 50pp or a bit less
Worked Dragonwing Mantle - 300pp or a bit less
Ancient Seahorse Hide Cloak - 300pp or a bit less.
Goblin Forged Iron Mask - 30pp or a bit less. Can probably find it on merchants.
Sarnak Backstabber (For ranged slot) - 150pp or a bit less.

This may not be an absolutely perfect list, but it gets you fully slotted out for just under 5k. I am generally listing the higher end price, so you could shave off a few hundred pp easily if you can talk the seller down a bit. Since some of these pieces are quite cheap you may be waiting a little while to buy them (not as many sellers). Some of the items like the mask you can farm yourself if you have a high level character.

If you have a tiny bit of money left over buy a cheap 1hs, 2hs, and 2h blunt weapon for training your weapon skills. You can use the Sarnak Backstabber to train piercing. Buy some Hand Made Backpacks as well. You can farm Shralok packs yourself once you get to level 20 or so, those will be the best bang for your buck in terms of cheap bags.

Good Luck!

Thanks a ton! I've got a 54 druid and 49 monk. Some of the gear I can swap from the monk (schw) but other than that I'll be tunnelquesting for a bit!
Old 02-03-2022, 01:27 AM
Kobold

IIRC a warrior can't solo to 60, but an SK can due to fear kiting. I don't remember 50+ too well anymore, but I think you can fear kite even white cons in the 50's if you have good gear. Again this might be "fake news" because memory might be fuzzy.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC a warrior can't solo to 60, but an SK can due to fear kiting. I don't remember 50+ too well anymore, but I think you can fear kite even white cons in the 50's if you have good gear. Again this might be "fake news" because memory might be fuzzy.
You can certainly solo a Warrior to 60. But yes, it is harder to solo a Warrior to 60 than a Shadowknight. SK's have a lot more utility available to them, which tends to make up for their lower DPS.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyxxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can play either one since the cleric and enchanter are going to do 95% of the work.