Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know, he talks about auction houses and then plat sinks....

I'm guessing he wants a % based tax implemented to the bazaar to nom nom spare p p!!
Old 05-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

<IRS> should be a new guild patrolling tunnel ensuring a duty is paid on every purchase.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Aviak

I'm saying there aren't enough ways that EQ removes currency for an auction house to work without it causing super inflation. Right now we see people barter, and it's this bartering that keeps items relatively in check.

We saw super inflation in EQ very fast after Luclin came out. I don't recall there being any great money sinks in Luclin either. Since I quit during Luclin I don't know what Sony did to fix this.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cats on the moon did not sit well with some from what I have read here.
I always wonder if they'd have been okay with Cats from inside the earth. Or Cats from Kerra Isle.

Just seems like a dumb beef over some of the genuine problems already covered ad nauseum here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I think vendor bought potions could be tweaked to be a more appealing cash sink, but not on this server. That's not classic!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Julae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC shopping only took 5 hours IF you shopped like a girl. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't mind the rats getting fatter then sure do a quick in and out.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall there being any great money sinks in Luclin either.
BiS purchasable mounts were 104kPP.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BiS purchasable mounts were 104kPP.
oh, zing!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding beast lords in without other class spells that came out in luclin would make for some balance problems. A full complement of BL spells would arguably make them very overpowered without others getting their spells as well.
When has classic EQ ever been about balance?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warping to a plane where a certain god or demi-god rules is aligned with classic EverQuest lore. Warping to outer space like we're on a NASA mission is quite the stretch for a D&D type MMO.
Oh you so wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you aware that DnD has other dimensions/realities, travel to moons, planets, stars, spaceships and lasers?

Lets take Illithids - one of the most coveted npc races of DND:

Quote:
The 3.5 Edition D&D supplement Lords of Madness provides that the Illithid were a star-faring people who existed at the end of time. Facing annihilation, the Illithid traveled to the past, arriving roughly 2000 years before the present in any given D&D campaign.
Hows that for classical DnD fantasy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Closed Thread