Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ubuntu Help - Buttons Not showing

I might have to do a fresh titanium install since i've always just used the same game files - it runs beautifully except I can't see any text whatsoever. See screenshot: http://imgur.com/xZlVzGZ

I've tried 4 different UIs so I don't think it's the UI files. Is there some "font" file or something thats a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Press alt-o to open the options window. Look for the drop-down menu I have opened for my screenshot and try a different font from what you're using (or more like "not using", hehe).

http://imgur.com/v7JSjvW
Last edited by Pep; 05-26-2016 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Screenshot not showing as an embedded image.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for replying!

Unfortunately, i've tried altering the font in the options. Doesn't show fonts.

I suppose I should start from the beginning:

I used Ruien's guide, twice (once with a consolidated 1.7 gig p99 directory and more recently with a fresh titanium install).

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/sLAE3

So, the error occurs from the EULA throughout the rest of the sign in process. Fonts show properly in the character select screen.

Interestingly, if I scroll down far enough in the fonts listing, all of them poof momentarily unless I re-open them:

I can momentarily flash some of the fonts (chat window and a few others) into existence with /fontface, but I still don't see chat text. They go away if I change tabs.

Also tried changing UIs as in the screenshots.

It's very likely something to do with wine/fonts/etc - i've toyed with winetricks and installing corefonts and such but i'm fairly stumped. I've perused a *ton* of EQ's ini files for clues. Will probably end up playing with an alternate monitor input from a cheap xp laptop or something :P

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Update on this: I've tinkered with it here and there over time. If I reload the UI and use /fontface and /font and /chatfontsize, it allows me to see my chat window text (even though it breaks intermittently when I do certain things, such as use "alt", cast spells, enter combat...What's strange is I can't find really specific cause-effect relationships. But I still haven't been able to get fonts to show in the options or certain other windows.

I've used winetricks to install a ton of different kinds of fonts, tried 32 and 64 bit...Hoping someone else has encountered this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hoping someone else has encountered this. Thanks!

Quote:
Old 10-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Which version of wine? I randomly use an older 1.7.51 still on a separate prefix for eq and it works fine. You should try some older versions such as that. I also use the argument "taskset -c 0 wine eqgame.exe patchme" for setting cpu affinity, without quotes. I didn't see that looking over ruien's guide, unless I missed it or if it won't matter. I would have suggested microsoft corefonts, though you already tried that. I am not sure if I remember coming across this issue before, but will post here again if I think of something.