Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Long time no talk. I returned then quit again!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The all time favorite leveling zones all share the same pattern - they are an outdoors dungeon. Outdoors means you can SoW and therefore train to zone.

Blackburrow, Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, Karnor's, City of Mist are all popular because of this, imo.
The appeal to CoM, for me, is because of the lack of casters. Not having to worry about healers, getting nuked, etc. is relaxing. I enjoy actual dungeons, but after levelling in Guk, SolA, etc. it's nice to just kick back and destroy mobs with impunity.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time no talk. I returned then quit again!
Ha! Hi man! Very long time no see.

I still remember how I made my first 500pp on the server. Was camping that prisoner dude in high keep w/ my ~23 wizard and you and your wife were killing guards but leaving their swords. I'd run through and clean up the guards' corpses and sell all the swords ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The appeal to CoM, for me, is because of the lack of casters. Not having to worry about healers, getting nuked, etc. is relaxing. I enjoy actual dungeons, but after levelling in Guk, SolA, etc. it's nice to just kick back and destroy mobs with impunity.
CoM* feels like it was designed just for grinding. There are several bonuses. Not only outdoor dungeon + few casters as you guys mentioned but also the layout is the easiest I can think of at that level. One camp on each side right when you come in and another (arena) right past that. The mobs in the middle are usually kept down so you can walk around fairly freely and zone isnt far

*First floor
Old 12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

You can definitely still find people outdoors while leveling also if thats your thing. There are always people in the karanas and people still exp in dreadlands.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can definitely still find people outdoors while leveling also if thats your thing. There are always people in the karanas and people still exp in dreadlands.
I been beatin' up on EF mammoths the last couple weeks. Never even set foot in the zone leveling my main, so I wanted to check it out. I took a somewhat different (read: stupid) path by making my first character on P99 a tank class, so most of my leveling experience was in dungeons. Now I'm going through on my druid checking out all the open space hunting grounds. Good times.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoM* feels like it was designed just for grinding. There are several bonuses. Not only outdoor dungeon + few casters as you guys mentioned but also the layout is the easiest I can think of at that level. One camp on each side right when you come in and another (arena) right past that. The mobs in the middle are usually kept down so you can walk around fairly freely and zone isnt far

*First floor
Yea, I feel it was the 'welcome to Kunark' for people that were approaching the lvl 50 cap. It helps you break that cap, gives you a few kunark spells and has a bunch of commonly dropping weapons with better ratio/proc than most of vanilla could provide.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I think P99 management needs to increase the ZEMs in Velious to alleviate the crowding in most non-Velious zones.
This is a good idea. It's sad that Velious is mostly empty.

I know I get tired of leveling in the same old places over and over again. It'd be nice to be able to get some pick up groups in some new zones.
Closed Thread