Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome, enjoy the ride [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New to the server

wait what?

(ask in EC for newb gear)

He said new to the server.. Blue is not the only server.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea the forum community for eq is crap and toxic.gogle your questions or do a forum search. There are like 20 people that use the forums, and 19 are asses
lol , way to come on the boards and insult everyone here. Please leave , you suck. Forum is great.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Banned

Welcome! Enjoy the ride! Feel free to add Katrik to friends if you need some free portals! Also, take the forum posters here with a grain of salt, lots of weirdos here (including me).
Old 12-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259887

Wooooo
Old 12-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

I'm from red. never played blue
Old 12-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

? You two aren't exactly shining examples yourselves. There's no more crap on here than you find anywhere else in the big wide interwebs.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

OMG JOIN DATE YOU'RE NOT A REAL NOOB

PHONY

YOU'RE A GREAT BIG PHONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Large Bat

All of that not withstanding, welcome.

I mained a warrior for 10 years on live. It's a rough life unless you have friends, or money or both. That being said, it *can* be a fun class to play.

Most people if you go to EC and /ooc that you are new to the server, and that it is your first character will be more than happy to help you out. Also 75% of the people you group with while leveling will have some form of higher level main character. Those people tend to be quite helpful as well, as what's significant to a level 15 player in kurns isn't to a level 60 whatsit.

Either way, enjoy!
Old 12-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have no idea why EverQuest was a great game back in the day and the playerbase used to be so helpful to each other. we were the Nerds that were playing in this kind of game way before it was popular if you were playing EverQuest it was because you wanted to.

Now 15 years later people still playing the game that's great.... but most of them are jerkish assholes that's bad.
It's an online cultural change imo. Not just p99, or eq1 either. Basically if you forumquest on any online gaming forums you will find people think being "edgy" or "snarky" elevates their social status amongst the other forumquesters.

Used to be, trolls were vilified on online games and despised. Now, trolls are celebrated and encouraged to outdo other trolls in their witty nastiness.

You can thank total anonymity for this.

Used to be the norm was to be polite and friendly. I think the average age of the online gamer was probably much higher back then also so maturity played a part too.

A key point is no matter what the nastiest trolls tell you, they would not say the things they write here to another person's face in the same manner. I guarantee it.

Yes, I miss how people used to be, and how online communities used to be.

I am sure this comes with age though, and everyone eventually reaches this point of thinking things were so much better when they were younger. But were they?
Closed Thread