Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 07:02 AM
Banned

Trump barely has any symptoms, this thing is a dud unless you're feeble. The retards can own the economic damage and add it to their pile of divisive/destructive merit badges.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
I cant believe that you think you're going to blow the lid off this conspiracy by counting up stuff from articles on an elf sim forum.
You ignore the numbers I posted directly from CDC/WHO and even make ad hominem attacks on the forum in which you yourself are participating, to say discussion is pointless.

Done.

I'll let my last post be my final. I think it says all that needs to be said. I'll leave it here again for anyone who is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worth a read: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...arios.html#box

Best Current Estimate from CDC of COVID IFR

Originally Posted by CDC
COVID Infection Fatality Rate (if you get it, what is your chance of dying)
0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Then compare it to flu IFR by age range from https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-age-group/

If 1 million school kids get COVID, 30 will die.
If 1 million school kids get Flu, 10 will die

If every single school aged child (56M total) in America got COVID, 1680 would die.
If every single school aged child (56M total) in America got Flu, 560 would die.

OPEN SCHOOLS!

If 1 million prime age working people (20-49) got COVID, 200 will die.
If 1 million prime age working people (20-49) got Flu, 20 will die.

If every single prime age working person (~120M total) got COVID, 24,000 will die.
If every single prime age working person (~120M total) got Flu, 2,400 will die.

OPEN BUSINESSES!

38,000 people die every year in car accidents, yet we still drive cars? Absolute worst POSSIBLE case scenario (i.e. everyone gets it) of opening schools and businesses is less deaths than people who die in car accidents annually.

The people that are dying are old and have comorbidities. So let's protect the elderly and those with comorbidities. This comes down to the local level of how people run retirement homes and individual decisions of at-risk people.

Pretty straight forward.

But hey... if all the schoolkids and working people get it, won't we have herd immunity? Food for thought. We'll still have 300,000 dying every year of obesity and 38,000 from cars, but much lower COVID deaths.
P.S. Still waiting on Prezetle's response. I guess he got cold feet when he didn't have an answer to why he doesn't support society-wide anti-COVID measures for flu as well.

My work here is done.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

That actually is a pretty interesting link. Its from a reputable source and contains some death rate information I haven't been able to find easily, so thank you for that. I especially appreciate the actual numbers for the flu comparison. The bars are not from the same brackets exactly so its hard to do a direct comparison without more digging, but it looks like COVID is about 10 times as fatal as the flu as a rough approximation.

I'm going to need to think on it and reconcile the ~3% observed death rate with the numbers here though. That implies almost half of our coronavirus cases were in the 74+ cohort, the number is being impacted by the higher % deaths in the 86+ age bracket, the IFR number is inaccurate or the COVID case/death count ratio isn't right.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Banned

If you believe "the numbers" verbatim your mental capacity is such that you would have been euthanized in other less merciful periods of human history.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Wow you made a thread in RnF because this one gave you clear answers that you ignored?

Crying about ad hominem attacks ITT because I eviscerated your anecdotal arguments? Then you post on page 9 the same opinion you had in the OP because you lack comprehension?

And you act like YOU were the one ad hominem attacked while you say lives dont matter and obese people should die HAHAHAHA you cry baby hypocrite. I'm sorry I hurt your feewings by explaining to you how influenza and covid works. Telling you its "dumb" to google an article, add up numbers you found on it, without even understanding the difference between influenza and covid, and then try to use that as a science based argument is not ad homenem.

If your will is so weak you cant even discuss how people are hypocrites and idiots for having empathy over covid deaths without being, "IM attacked IM attacked!" you better hope you dont get covid, because you're genetics are way to weak for it.

You say you care about the economy? What like we dont? No, you literally think it is my fault the stimulus checks went to the wealthy and not the poor, you think its because we say to wear masks - that nobody created a task force to figure out how to best integrate people back into the economy in march. You think it's our fault that the plan to open the schools was to say "open them!"... You think every country in the world, is united in a political ploy to make trump look bad. And you think that everyone in the world is having a mass hallucination. Its everyone but Trumps fault.

That is frickn crazy.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-05-2020 at 12:09 PM..
Old 10-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump barely has any symptoms, this thing is a dud unless you're feeble. The retards can own the economic damage and add it to their pile of divisive/destructive merit badges.
it takes weeks to develop any symptoms and they only build and get worse, covid is very long term

He was given an immuno cocktail and antibodies day 1

i was given nothing and kept getting worse and worse, i had symptoms for 4 months

The reason people die is covid continues to build in your bodies and your immune system cant fight it fast enough

i am very healthy , eat right and exercise daily , dont say feeble i promise thats not how it works
Old 10-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

I have until exactly trump is ok enough to put on a tie and go back to the white house, to bash on anti maskers. Once that happens, they will put him in the white house again and he will officially become the second coming of jesus to them and being pro mask will soon become illegal probably! So Im trying to get it out of my system.

Trump is getting a huge amount of support and will surely survive. And that will give all his supporters the ammo they need to be like "see at my ZOOM care center id be fine TOO!"

lmao were doomed.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

“Look I got it and I was ok!” - Trump.

Yes, and you got experimental drugs and the best health care possible. The average person doesn’t get the same treatment and care you do. He can fuck right off. 99% of us don’t get to go to a hospital as a “preventative step”.

I try and hope for the best and that maybe his tone on covid will change, but for some reason I feel like I’ll be disappointed.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thing is a dud unless you're feeble.
Wrong. People who were perfectly healthy with no comorbidity have gotten covid and died.

We still don’t know the long term effects. Normies believe that science states 1 thing and never changes again. Wrong. Science and medicine are dynamic and change all the time based on new evidence. What’s wrong with taking precautions? If this had been handled correctly from the start, we’d see a much different outcome right now. And our economy would be better off. For the record, I agreed with Trump closing borders, he just didn’t close them all and not soon enough. But his overall response was totally pathetic.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I try and hope for the best and that maybe his tone on covid will change, but for some reason I feel like I’ll be disappointed.
Revelation 13:3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Kiss your ass goodbye when he gets back to work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread