Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Question regarding RP and the Play nice policy

I am a young druid. I am outside of the Surefall Glades, my starting zone and home.

There is a filthy Iksar killing guards and the Millers, whom I have had dinner with by the campfire many times. They are my friends, my half elven brethren.

If I was to call Guard Leopold (burst of fire, die next to iksar, because game mechanics wise that's the only way I can think of to get him to see the iksar due to game mechanics), who would surely be able to squash this lowly Iksar filth in a few well placed swats, would I get banned?

If I cannot do that, then how can I protect Surefall Glade and my brethren? It feels like an injustice to watch them die.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Yes you would get in trouble for training on purpose. I play a 100 per cent roleplay character and I recently had to overlook a guild killing bankers nonstop. The most you can do is wag your finger at them and say "How rude!" As for guards, it's perfectly acceptable to kill them for experience, or coin or even for roleplay reasons. Guards are often killed to help a different faction as well. It is a bit rude to kill all guards at a newbie grounds spot. One should be kept alive to help out lower levels in my opinion. As for the Millers, they have killed so many "evils" not paying attention that it's not surprising if someone wants revenge.

Praise Amun!
Old 12-03-2020, 04:17 AM
Kobold

You could eventually raid Cabilis at a higher level in revenge but then an Iksar might notice and mistake you for a Freeport citizen and raid Freeport in revenge resulting in innocent deaths. Then again, can anyone from Freeport truly be innocent.

Praise Amun!
Old 12-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

The server itself is not a role play server, so while you may RP on your own, you cannot force RP onto anyone else.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

would this "work"? agro mob, bring to guard, when guard agros mob, run to iksar, then stop, let guard kill mob, and voila... still considered training?
Old 12-03-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

If you have to stop and wonder if something falls into play nice policy, then it doesn't and you shouldn't do it.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349
Quote:
13. "Role-playing" does not grant license to violate these rules.

Though EverQuest is a Role-playing game, the claim of "Role-play" will not be accepted in defense of any of the anti-social behaviors mentioned above. We strongly encourage role-playing, but cannot allow it to be done at the expense of others.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Basically consider this if you're a roleplayer:

If your only idea is to suicide by cops and hope they take out some bystanders, then you're roleplaying as a criminal terrorist, not a druid lol
Old 12-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

"Though EverQuest is a Role-playing game, the claim of "Role-play" will not be accepted in defense of any of the anti-social behaviors mentioned above."

Is training really anti-social behavior, though? I mean, I've found it to be a great conversation starter when someone is being anti-social and ignoring your tells in a camp/mob dispute.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Banned

i like when ogres and trolls roleplay. Hur hur hur :X
Closed Thread