Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Kobold

Default So, let's go a bit outside the box, shall we?

I want to make a Dark Elf cleric who can freely go inside the cities of the high elves and wood elves. Let's not get into the idea of if I should, I am not even thinking about that right now. I already know well in advance how difficult it will be, and I also am very aware of the flaws of not being able to buy spells and what have you. That's all good and fine and I already accept the risk and am already getting ready for the proverbial hammer to fall on me. What I want to know in advance of this is: Will it be possible to become non-KoS to the entire city? The information I found on the multiple websites I go to before I come here states "Oh yeah, you can do it... it just won't be easy."

Unfortunately this information is also very out of date and I don't think that anyone was actually considering this back in vanilla / vel. If they DID consider this, they didn't document the journey. So my question for the general forums is this, actually more of a request, help me search for the information on how I would fix my faction with the high elves as a dark elf.

Helping you get on Project99 since yesterday.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:05 AM
Kobold

On a side note, for the information I did find, I went here :

http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/0...-infiltration/

Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know a whole lot about the dif factions. But I do have a friend that was recently grinding faction for her true shot bow. There was one npc in particular in the kelethin rangers guild that she could not raise faction with, no matter what she tried. Eventually she was liked by everyone in the kelethin rangers guild, except this one npc was still kos.

So I guess the morale is, while it might be fairly easy getting the guards and most of the citizens to like you. There are enough different factioned npc's in every town, that you might have difficulties with a select few.

Edit: I have heard of people attempting to grind faction with every city so as to not be kos anywhere. If I recall correctly, there is a quite specific order in which you need to do it so as not to destroy one faction while building another.
Last edited by Dreenk317; 12-06-2016 at 02:57 AM..
Old 12-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Kobold

Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. I tried for the longest to figure her faction out and it's honestly a lost cause. None of the ones she is listed for actually raise her faction and I have even tried turning in hatchets while in wolf form and nothing works.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Have her charmed and turn in then?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Kobold

The bankers will screw you. The kelethin banker in particular is extremely difficult to grind faction with.

Guard factions are way easier, effectively just go into CB and keep killing orcs.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to randomly roam the city and enter buildings it is very very hard. There are npcs on factions that you can't just raise by killing in CB.

If you want to not be kos to the guards it is relatively easy.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

It's impossible to be completely non kos in Kelethin unless you start as a good race/religion. I don't know for sure about high elf city, but I would imagine it's the same.

However, if you are fine with being able to roam most of the city and just avoid walking in random buildings that might be a guild that doesn't like you, then it's actually relatively simple to achieve.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Seems like this might be a good place to get the information that you need. No idea if it is entirely accurate or not, but seems legit.

http://web.archive.org/web/200303252.../Factions.html
Old 12-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

kill orcs
get muffins for panels (many)
get wolf form and bone chips for cleric guild
do the war guild quest that requires like 4 different unstackable items (merchant supply or something)

And you will still be kos/dubious with a bunch ^^