Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Is <TSS> Gone?

I've seen an awful lot of former <TSS> players going to <Riot> lately, did TSS fold/fracture?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsmeCleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen an awful lot of former <TSS> players going to <Riot> lately, did TSS fold/fracture?
Nah just ambition changing on some folks, people goals change so they move on. Pretty normal.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Should also be on the lookout for Freedom or AG dissolving with them merging.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Nope TSS is still alive and kicking. Some did leave but that happens every now and then with the way we are set up.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Based on watching the behavior of MMO gamers the last 20 years I would bet the people you have seen move on were using TSS as a stepping stone on their way to greatness. It happens. Not everyone is content with claiming whatever slice of the pie TSS was getting. People want to experience all the content the game has to provide at some point. If their current guild can't provide that then they move on(up) the food chain.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Unsurprisingly, there's been a shift after the raid ban where TSS was much more engaged in getting high end targets they don't normally get to see. I bet quite a few people got bit by the loot bug after seeing the high end drops and decided to move on. A small group left to form Axiom and others seemed to move mostly to Riot. TSS still does their weekly HoT, Kael, and Sky nights with good numbers as well as mix in epics activities. I saw 10-12 TSS members leveling in the Hole the other night so they are still around.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsurprisingly, there's been a shift after the raid ban where TSS was much more engaged in getting high end targets they don't normally get to see. I bet quite a few people got bit by the loot bug after seeing the high end drops and decided to move on. A small group left to form Axiom and others seemed to move mostly to Riot. TSS still does their weekly HoT, Kael, and Sky nights with good numbers as well as mix in epics activities. I saw 10-12 TSS members leveling in the Hole the other night so they are still around.
Yea you know what ya get with tss , folks will always move on. Axiom seems to be split off so that they can have dkp (which is good ) instead of randoms.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:55 PM
Banned

They are very much active
Old 12-04-2020, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea you know what ya get with tss , folks will always move on. Axiom seems to be split off so that they can have dkp (which is good ) instead of randoms.
yeah, straight /ran for everything is tough I think. Hard to keep people invested if they don't have some control over if/when they can get some loot. Long as it's run fairly, DKP is a better system which distributes loot more fairly imo.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, straight /ran for everything is tough I think. Hard to keep people invested if they don't have some control over if/when they can get some loot. Long as it's run fairly, DKP is a better system which distributes loot more fairly imo.
Meh, P99 already has a bunch of those types of guilds thaand they're pretty much exactly the same as each other except for name. Doesn't need more. If a guild wants to pay me currency it's welcome to pay me dollars. I won't accept worthless company scrip. As such I won't join or remain in a DKP guild on general principle. I'll take /random in preference to a Gilded Age-style company town every time. I didn't realize TSS used straight /random. That makes me like them. Should my present guild ever happen to fold maybe I'll have to say "hi" to 'em.

Member churn outside of a stable core is reality for most any guild on P1999. At the lower- and middle-tiers you lose folks as they develop the pixel sixkness and decide to join the top guilds. At the top you have the usual burnout meat grinder that ultimately drives a lot of players off P1999 so they're always looking for new recruits.

Danth
Closed Thread