Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, a VPN will work. Yes, you should wait for IP Exemption.

Yes, there are consequences if your Exemption isn't accepted and you use VPN.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Cool, I'll just wait. Sorry I said anything about the VPN.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Put another petition in for exemption. I have never seen it take that long. Devs want you to be able to play with your girlfriend, and catch you if your boxing

Make sure you include all the information they ask for

Account names
Person playing the account

etc.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Aviak

To be honest, I think multi-boxing is lame and I support the whole idea of the ip exemption.

The other day I was playing world of warcraft because lately I thought I'd see if I could get back into it. Well, Some guy was playing 5 blood elf mages right beside me and I wasn't happy to see that people can get away with that. Seems like the developers would want to uphold the integrity of the game rather than allow that.

I'm really glad eq project 1999 is here after those few days of playing wow. Now they have that annoying group finder tool and takes all the work out of finding groups. The only problem is the whole experience is different now. There are so many little changes like that that were introduced into wow that it's nothing like it was in the beginning. That's why I can't really get back into it.

So, I'm glad eq is here because it really doesn't hold your hand you know? I'm playing a necromancer and he's 23 right now and I've been in tons of fun groups and the whole time she's watching like "man I want to play with you because it looks fun" but it's been about 3 weeks almost and we're not sure how long it's gonna be.

It's great that more people are joining though. That means one day there could be more servers.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, I think multi-boxing is lame and I support the whole idea of the ip exemption.

The other day I was playing world of warcraft because lately I thought I'd see if I could get back into it. Well, Some guy was playing 5 blood elf mages right beside me and I wasn't happy to see that people can get away with that. Seems like the developers would want to uphold the integrity of the game rather than allow that.

I'm really glad eq project 1999 is here after those few days of playing wow. Now they have that annoying group finder tool and takes all the work out of finding groups. The only problem is the whole experience is different now. There are so many little changes like that that were introduced into wow that it's nothing like it was in the beginning. That's why I can't really get back into it.

So, I'm glad eq is here because it really doesn't hold your hand you know? I'm playing a necromancer and he's 23 right now and I've been in tons of fun groups and the whole time she's watching like "man I want to play with you because it looks fun" but it's been about 3 weeks almost and we're not sure how long it's gonna be.

It's great that more people are joining though. That means one day there could be more servers.
Well the best way for you to help her through the initial learning curve is to watch and help while she plays. You could always take turns, keeping your chars at the same level, until the exemption goes through.

Life's hard when you're stupid.