Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Default 49+ Iksar shaman solo spots suggestions

Hi guys,

I'm a couple blues from 49 with my Iksar Shaman, and i'd like to have your suggestions about my levelng options:

I've been doing specs in Oasis from 43+ and I don't think I'll be able to stand them for much longer ^^

I thought I could go farm HGs in Rathe Mountains til they turn green to get some xp & cash for my higher level spells.

Kaladim / Felwithe / Freeport / Oggok guards would be an option, but I'd need to be able to sell the looted stuff (iksar, remember ?). So a nearby gypsie camp would be required.

Not sure Id be able to use High Keep basement banker & seller. Guards are still glaring there, I guess it would be a possibility after I've killed some more orcs/gnolls in HighPass Hold.

Kithicor undead at night, they were easy enough with a 50ish mage, they should be even easier with a shaman

Siprocs in TD ? Seafuries in OoT ? IGs ?

CoM soloing is not very efficient for the moment w/o epic or good DoTs. I'm still using Scourge & Venom of the Snake, I'll give it another go with Plague & EBolt and hopefuly epic one of these days...

Following some of you guys' pieces of advice, I'm thinking about starting Thurg ring/ shawl quests, and since I've always liked Velious and trade skills (8th shawl & 8th ring on a Ranger on live), I'd be happy to go that way again

Was thinking about CoM / Karnor groups, but I'm not sure about that. I have not tried HS/ Chardok /droga yet, not sure but I also olike to discover new zones / things

I know the Hole has the most uberest ZEM and finding a group as a SHM may be easier than it is as a MAG but I'm not a big fan of the zone and not interested in crappy loam encrusted stuff

Any suggestion welcome, thanks in advance guys
Old 06-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I did Grobb guards at that level. Each one drops like 12 plat in items, and while you do have to take breaks running to a gypsy to sell (I think the closest is in Oasis), with SoW and Shaman strength buffs it shouldn't be too bad. You could even bind near the merchants, letting you skip the fully loaded run ... but then of course if you die you have a longer run back.

Another option for an Iksar is anywhere in Velious. Wakening Lands Faerie Dragons are in the Per-Level guide as being good for Shaman of your level, but I haven't done them myself. And of course the guide has a few other suggestions like Kedge (no merchants nearby though) or Dreadlands outside Karnor's (which isn't too far from Cab).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Banned

When I did Grobb gaurds on my Paladin I had 3-4 10 slot bags I and would drop/ground transfer to a level 1 troll to which I would sell all the weapons and buy gems tow hich I would then ground transfer back to my Paladin.

Saved all the running at the cost of a little less plat remastering trolls dont have good cha.

This could be done in any major town where you kill guards...just remember to have a safe xfer spot.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

South Kaladim guards are good xp and money. I bound myself at the BB Druid rings, the merchant there should be indifferent to all. Fill up bags, gate, sell, run back to Kaladim.

Not sure if you can do South Kaladim at 49 though. They hit harder than normal guards. I did them in the early 50s. I think they stop giving good xp at 55.

I think East Freeport guards are good xp until 50, but Iksars probably cant sell anywhere nearby. Non iksar evil races can sell in the underground area. If you spent a lot of time in mistmoore you might br good with the bard guild in north freeport. You could sell there.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Solo in CoM, just avoid the goos. Pretty decent money and exp was great from like 48-54ish
Old 06-28-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Highkeep nobles - 49-53 (at 54 they're incredibly slow with hell level XP rate)

Classic era mobs have the lowest HP.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

Kelethin guards were my option for my Iksar shaman for 49-52. You could squeeze out 53 there as well, but not much past that. Selling is a minor problem as it requires gating back to Butcherblock druid ring to unload your crap, but with a buffed Cha I could do the dwarven axe buy/sell shuffle from the vendor to turn all my copper and silver into plat and gold efficiently and run back. The key issue was having to reclaim my pet and summon a new decent one (no epic, iksar so no JBB) but it felt good killing there regardless. Invis of course lets you bank in Kelethin by clicking on the banker through the window around the rear corner of the building.

Truth told, with all the loot you're accumulating from cash camps up to that point, once you reach 53 you might as well bite the bullet and just grab the fastest source of exp past that for the drive to 60. Levels are always better than cash. So that means the Hole.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:13 AM
Banned

You're not going to beat Hole exp. The ZEM and availability of groups is unmatched.

Most people here will say that same classic "levels > loot, get loot at 60" stuff. Honestly, I'm with you...I like earning money as I level. I tend to burn out on characters once I ding 60. Its nice to make that coin on the way up. Besides, you're a shaman and you've got a good 120k+ in spells to acquire.

Shoot me a PM. I have a 51 necro and a 53 warrior, both well-equipped, I'm sure we could do some off-the-beaten-path stuff.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Freeport just got a 33% bump.
Closed Thread