Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Orc

Probably not bother wasting time camping any items.

The fun of EQ is the grind from 1-50.

The raid scene is a mess, the list camps are a monumental waste of time, but the time spent grouping and chatting with people is always a blast.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudlezz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not bother wasting time camping any items.

The fun of EQ is the grind from 1-50.

The raid scene is a mess, the list camps are a monumental waste of time, but the time spent grouping and chatting with people is always a blast.
It definitely takes a certain type of human to be able to raid to at high levels..

Yes everybody can stare at a wall and click some buttons, but only certain humans are willing to spend hours of their adult life doing so......

There is just something more acceptable about the adventure up to raiding, than raiding is...

I just can't come to terms with spending hoooours raiding on P99, only place all my hope in some random guild point system, or the luck of a /rand 100....

Now if i was adventuring and crawling with a raid, that's a different story. I've learned and seen stuff that makes it worth it.. But to sit at a wall or zone entrance for hours and not see anything of a zone? That's depressing...
Old 09-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Guilds need warmbodies too, let the hardcore sockers/racers/FTE champs do that shit and just log in for the kill. Also its possible to cover tracking in shifts rather than doing an entire 16 hour window.

The thing raiding requires more than raw time like you describe is flexibility. For people who can only log in and play from like 8 to 11 PM every night after their work and responsibilities are over, non-instanced raiding is a non-starter.

You need the flexibility to be able to pause life and log in at any given time during your waking hours, even if you don't stay on that long. Its over exaggerated this idea that raiders all have no jobs and no life, but what kind of job and life you have is going to dictate how much raiding works for you.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guilds need warmbodies too, let the hardcore sockers/racers/FTE champs do that shit and just log in for the kill. Also its possible to cover tracking in shifts rather than doing an entire 16 hour window.

The thing raiding requires more than raw time like you describe is flexibility. For people who can only log in and play from like 8 to 11 PM every night after their work and responsibilities are over, non-instanced raiding is a non-starter.

You need the flexibility to be able to pause life and log in at any given time during your waking hours, even if you don't stay on that long. Its over exaggerated this idea that raiders all have no jobs and no life, but what kind of job and life you have is going to dictate how much raiding works for you.
Well said. The key word here for sure is flexibility, and i can't disagree with that... A structured lifestyle is ultimately my EQ Career downfall..
Old 09-24-2020, 03:29 PM
Banned

next time i won't care what others think of me and ill join kingdom.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Play a bone knight.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I was playing eq pretty regularly before green launch. I got excited for green and played it for a few months but eventually lost interest in the rat race. I tried to go back to blue, but the fire and desire to play was gone. So for green 2.0 maybe I'd not join a guild and not try and race to max lvl and legacy items.... since it apparently sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 09-24-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone is garbage
Old 09-25-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Roll a knight class instead of a warrior if I want to tank. I found out the hard way that warriors are straight up trash for tanking level 50 raid content thanks to a tiny little oversight by the game developers... as it turns out, it helps to have class abilities to hold aggro with when your job is to, erm, hold aggro. Who knew? They conveniently forgot to add that trivial, unimportant little thing in for warriors until... Luclin?
Last edited by Soothsayer; 09-25-2020 at 01:28 PM..
Old 09-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Won’t make a character and waste my time
Closed Thread