Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Horza posts brought to you by Pfizer
Old 10-21-2021, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Bidens last words tionight.

It's easier to stop someone from doing something, than to do something.

He says angrily about the republican congress stopping him.

Doesnt notice the irony that what he really meant was trump, and now he's clueless as to what to do.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2021, 10:44 PM
Banned

If you give him money and power, he will provide to you the glorious monorail!

It's literally a simpsons episode.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:59 PM
Banned

So an exxon executive was given a mock job interview by journalists. Fake interviews are a bit immoral IMO -- but sometimes ends justify means. And to barrow a phrase from the exec, "there's nothing illegal about that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ6kEGM6O_M

McCoy compares donating to politicians and political causes to fishing. Some great visuals there. He also admitted "carbon tax" was just a talking point that put out there because it "will never happen." The roads and bridges talking points were constructed by them.*

This was probably allowed to happen because of the powerful interest against business as usual with fossil fuels. But its the same damn thing on every issue.

* They oppose tech advancement with green energy across the board and try to hamper it. So they insisted climate provision that don't directly do anything to them be taken out of the spending bill.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-21-2021 at 11:01 PM..
Old 10-21-2021, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

didnt need anything except my investment in ICLN etf when biden got elected to know all that

i thought they would actually do a lil sum sum for green energy and i got dumped on hard

my pipeline stocks did good tho, go figure
Old 10-21-2021, 11:20 PM
Banned

I did a similar thing trying to invest in private prisons before Trump got re-elected in 2020...

Well, we saw how that went. I decided not to try to be too ahead of the curve. Just being with the curve is kind of the whole point.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

10% of america owns stocks lol

here's what I think is happening. Right now people are spending less, so they think they can quit their jobs and blow their savings.

Home owners and stock owners (normal people) are doing well, becuase they have homes, WFH and stocks, which are doing extremely well!

Then when the poor's start to think they will just start going back to work when they're ready, but they'll be in for a surprise.

While all this was happening prices were steadily rising, which was allowed because of the stock growth and the worker shorteges.

And the poors will become desperate to get back to work and they will take the same wages they thought were not enough.

And so they'll go back to work for the same money, prices will stay high, and judgment day is inevitable.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-21-2021 at 11:32 PM..
Old 10-21-2021, 11:51 PM
Banned

The reason I buy stocks despite not being a professional or insider, is because I know the country won't take away that money I put away in there (or the business) if it is at all in their power to stop it.

More than I can say for alot of other investiments. If you save money -- which you should -- you should probably put it in things likely to get bigger and keep up with inflation.

This video is a good explaination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFgPNVytlwA

But yea. People that do this are people trying to get well-off or rich one day. So most of the middle and lower class is excluded by habit and knowledge. Especially since pensions aren't a thing as much these days.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

If you bet on America at any time in either of our parents lifetimes you'd come out a winner.

The question is will that never end?

Also make sure that when you are about to retire it's not during a housing crash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

9/10 if you get an FA and give him your moneies, youll make more money than if you try investing on your own.

Although if ADA goes cray cray I will change that philosophy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2021, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10% of america owns stocks lol

here's what I think is happening. Right now people are spending less, so they think they can quit their jobs and blow their savings.

Home owners and stock owners (normal people) are doing well, becuase they have homes, WFH and stocks, which are doing extremely well!

Then when the poor's start to think they will just start going back to work when they're ready, but they'll be in for a surprise.

While all this was happening prices were steadily rising, which was allowed because of the stock growth and the worker shorteges.

And the poors will become desperate to get back to work and they will take the same wages they thought were not enough.

And so they'll go back to work for the same money, prices will stay high, and judgment day is inevitable.
What you're are describing there is the theory on how we run an economy like ours. Its called a "Liberal Market Economy". Opposed to a "Coordinated Market Economy."

The LME wants their labor force to be flexible. That means, you can do all kinds of different jobs, expect to be fired at will from your employer, and have no safety net to encourage complacency.

We are the most like this out of any of the big capitalist countries. Although we include other countries like the UK and Australia in this list.

Opposed to continental Europe like Sweden and Germany. Their economies are centered around preserving their skilled labor force and the sectors they work in. You are not on your ass if you get layed off, and education is funded to make sure you can actually do something worthwhile in the economy.

In these countries, you don't see the same problem where those fresh out of school can't find jobs. The schools themselves are built around getting you job ready.

Unlike our college model which is designed around making an elite finishing school for those already well connected and supported.
Closed Thread