Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Proper Etiquette When Getting a Port

As an independent porter I would like to spread some knowledge when asking for ports from working porters in Norrath.

1. If you are a low lvl and have no money don't ask for a port. Go lvl like the rest of us did.

2. A good donation is 1p per lvl. If you are on a CR it's always free. If you don't have plat go make more plat before you ask for a port. Items worth plat are also welcomed. A lot of porters sit in EC selling their shit.

3. When sending a tell for a port always say where you are and where you wanna go. For example "NK to Tox?" You don't have to ask how I'm doing or if I'm working. Get to the point. Never say "can I get a port to NK" I have no idea where you are I've been porting around all night I don't have time to do a /w all "name" just to find you are anon.

4. If you ask for a port please be near the respectable wiz spire or druid circle. If not state that you are far away. Please be knowledgeable about what class can port where. Search p99 travel guide if you don't know.

5. We will not run outside of the spires or rings to come find you. Sorry. If you want a service like this be prepared to spend 100p+ ie permafrost, qeynos etc.

All I can think of atm please add to this list as needed.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Kobold

6. You are a douche with number 1 and 2.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6. You are a douche with number 1 and 2.
People frequently ask me what a good donation is and that's what i tell them. You're a douche
Old 01-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Kobold

You tell them they are a douche? that's a weird response.

You are a class that can port and if you are taking port requests you are generally doing nothing anyways. Why not help a lowbie get to his friends? It only takes sitting down for a couple seconds to regen the mana. It costs you nothing but mana to port.

Also a good donation is 1pp per level? why not just go by whatever they are able to spare atm since as a porter you are going to make bank anyways.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You tell them they are a douche? that's a weird response.

You are a class that can port and if you are taking port requests you are generally doing nothing anyways. Why not help a lowbie get to his friends? It only takes sitting down for a couple seconds to regen the mana. It costs you nothing but mana to port.

Also a good donation is 1pp per level? why not just go by whatever they are able to spare atm since as a porter you are going to make bank anyways.
Go away
Old 01-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Kobold

Start a porter union
Old 01-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

CR is free even though the person needing a port was almost certainly bound near a bank, but noobs can't get a port?

And you're taking a moral high ground on the "in my day we had to walk up hill both ways" thing? Lol.

And your time is too valuable to type for 1.5 seconds to do a who while you're just sitting around medding or waiting on auctions or watching dots tick?

Wtf man? Even I'm (usually) less of a prick than you are.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-03-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Old 01-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CR is free even though the person needing a port was almost certainly bound near a bank, but noobs can't get a port?

And you're taking a moral high ground on the "in my day we had to walk up hill both ways" thing? Lol.

And your time is too valuable to type for 1.5 seconds to do a who while you're just sitting around medding or waiting on auctions or watching dots tick?

Wtf man?
It gets busy during peak hours, tell hell
Old 01-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guys this isn't RNF read it and move on
Old 01-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Look I'm not saying this is an in stone thing and I don't port newbs every day for free. This is just the mind of some of us business minded porters and a lot of new people don't know how it works
Closed Thread