Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Orc

Default New enchanter

Made a erudite enchanter. First time ever playing one.

Do I level up in Toxx? Or best to catch a boat and start in Queynos?

Trying to avoid going back and forth for spells, so hoping that most are in Queynos.

Any enchanters have some feedback for a newb?

Thx
Old 02-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

All of the level 1 and 4 spells will, in fact, be available in Qeynos. Starting at I think 8 or 12, you'll have to travel to far-off places like the Erudin library for certain scrolls. But no tedious back-and-forth.

Tox can work to 4 or 5. There are not many level 1 mobs, but there are some.

It also would work to go straight to Qeynos. There will probably be someone there who can bind you. Try the bank in South Qeynos - people passing through to turn in Splitpaw scrolls can bind you.

Qeynos is great. Newbie area, QHills including the rabid wolves/bears exp quest, Blackburrow and its gnoll fang exp quest, thugs and then smugglers in the aqueducts...lots of good stuff.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Orc

Thx Videri!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Just buy a bunch of tiny daggers before leaving. They don’t sell them in Qeynos.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just buy a bunch of tiny daggers before leaving. They don’t sell them in Qeynos.
Can't be stressed enough; unless you enjoy boat rides.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Buy tiny daggers, summon your level 1 animation, find yourself a rusty scythe (or better yet a halberd), give it to the pet and go crazy. Will be level 4 or 5 in no time in either Toxx or Qey.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy tiny daggers, summon your level 1 animation, find yourself a rusty scythe (or better yet a halberd), give it to the pet and go crazy. Will be level 4 or 5 in no time in either Toxx or Qey.
Scythe, halberd or 2h sword... the mecca for pets at low levels. Check vendors if you need an extra 1-2
Old 02-20-2020, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

For spells, I think all of them should be available in any city with an Enchanter's guild up until level 8, where your pet spells start to be sold in Highkeep. Here and there there will be spells that you have to go to different cities for (ex. certain Enchanter illusions are only sold in Erudin, spells like Levitate are sold in cities with Druid guilds, some spells are from the Cleric guild (but most cities have Cleric guilds), etc.), but the Spells section of the Enchanter Wiki page has all that information.

For the pet spells, if I've had the coin I generally try and stop in HK on my way somewhere else to buy my next pet spell so I don't have to go back and get it later. Qeynos is a great area for leveling through the teens, but it can be tough for Enchanters because of this oddity where the tiny dagger regents for pet summoning aren't sold in Qeynos. Best advice if you want to level in the Qeynos area is load up a bag with the daggers and you should be good for awhile (at 12 you get Charm, so you can used a Charmed pet instead and therefore don;t need to use the tiny daggers, but note that it is unreliable through the early and mid teens as Charm breaks easier, so you might still want the Animation pet instead).

When I was high teens and low 20s in the Karanas, I would just bind there and meet Druids/Wizards in North Karana to port me to WC whenever I needed new spells or more tiny daggers. Make the quick run to FP, buy like 60 of 'em and Gate back and I'd be good for quite awhile.

Remember that your Animation pet can't be controlled. It doesn't attack until a mob has attacked you and after that you can't call it off. If you've been attacked by multiple mobs, once the first mob is dead it will attack the next one (which can be annoying when you're trying to crowd control). Usually what I did until Charm killing became more viable was to root the mob, DoT it, do some DD until I hit 51% of damage, and then walk over to the mob to let it try and hit me which sends the pet in to finish the rest. Enchanter pets can be squishy when the content you're doing starts to outlevel the level of pet spell that you have; i.e. if you're using your level 16 pet spell and you're level 19 so the content is generally higher level than your pet, you'll want to use Reclaim Energy to try and get the highest level pet you can for it's range (for example, the level 16 pet spell gives you a pet level 13-17, so if you're fighting level 17 mobs you want that level 17 pet otherwise it's gonna be pretty squishy)...so just consider your pet to determine it's level (read the Consider page on the Wiki which will tell you what messages apply to what level range compared to you) and Reclaim Energy and re-summon until you get that higher level pet.
Last edited by cd288; 02-20-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Banned

is there any way to raise initial faction with Erudite clerics guild in order to trigger the bone chips quest? (starting Erudite enchanter here as well)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there any way to raise initial faction with Erudite clerics guild in order to trigger the bone chips quest? (starting Erudite enchanter here as well)
Are you not able to do the quest as is? I'd be surprised if your faction with them from day 1 isn't sufficient
Closed Thread