Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Orc

Default Green server and "operating under legal permission"

I am interested in the Green Server, but I am concerned that the legal agreement outlined in the "operating under legal permission" link on the homepage is outdated. This agreement was reached during Sony ownership, not Daybreak. How can I be confident that I will not be wasting time playing on Green without a new agreement in place? I can envision the new owners of EverQuest catching wind of this new, non-sanctioned "TLP", and quickly nullifying any prior SOE agreement and shutting this down.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This agreement was reached during Sony ownership, not Daybreak
Incorrect: the agreement was made with Daybreak (ie. the current IP rights holder), not SOE. See http://wiki.project1999.com/Daybreak_Game_Company (there's even a link to the announcement on Daybreak's site there).

And as Rogean said in a post (and I'm paraphrasing here), while he can't reveal the terms of the contract ... he'd have to be pretty dumb to sign a contract Daybreak could just revoke for no reason whenever they felt like it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And as Rogean said in a post (and I'm paraphrasing here), while he can't reveal the terms of the contract ... he'd have to be pretty dumb to sign a contract Daybreak could just revoke for no reason whenever they felt like it.
I am sorry, but Rogean has no leg to stand on here. Back in 2015, things were a lot different. Epstein's lawyers could shut all this down in two seconds today and no one would bat an eye.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry, but Rogean has no leg to stand on here. Back in 2015, things were a lot different. Epstein's lawyers could shut all this down in two seconds today and no one would bat an eye.
So you think since daybreak changed hands in ownership, that suddenly the agreement between the company and project1999 is void?

Also if you play on a server for a year, enjoy it, and then it shuts down, you were just "wasting your time?"
Old 10-22-2019, 02:17 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I am sorry, but Rogean has no leg to stand on here.
You have a very inadequate understanding of our legal system and how contracts work with companies and their ownerships.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You are making all your legal protection conclusions on 4-year-old posts with no legal detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a very inadequate understanding of our legal system and how contracts work with companies and their ownerships.
Also, your words indicate that you think you're smarter than the tens of volunteers who already "risked" investing their time not just to play a video game, but to let other people play a video game ... as well as the (literally) thousands of other players here, some of whom have sunk months of their life in to this "risky investment".

Either you actually are smarter than all of them, or you need to read about the Dunning–Kruger effect and apply it to your understanding of law. And even if you ARE a legal genius ... yelling to a crowd about how much smarter than them you are is rude regardless.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-22-2019 at 02:23 PM..
Old 10-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't know me. Prove to your playerbase Epstein can't shut it all down tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You don't know me. Prove to your playerbase Epstein can't shut it all down tomorrow.
He don't know you, he don't owe we.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:23 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Good thing I don't waste time trying to prove things to trolls on the forums, when my time is better spent working on buttoning up issues for the new server of a community that's been around for 10 years.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
OP I think you're going to need this.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]