Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

As much as I would be against Luclin. Or any cry convo about how server is in dumps and needs change (not saying that's what HB is doing)... I would be for eventual customization to the box in form of AAs wih velly still being max expac. If done right it could be cool. % chance it is done right or anything close is done at all? 1 in 292.3 million. Worse than the recent powerball.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

The other great part of Luclin is the VT key farm which is basically Pained Soul x10. More open targets farming mobs, more people online playing, more PvP. Velious just provides very little reasons to play outside of raids.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

Everquest began at luclin

to all the luclin haters, you suck.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

I miss watching Norrath rise in the sky while sitting in Hollowshade Moor... go Luclin!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is a bastard child as it is with numerous non classic custom features. Time to use Red as the testing ground. Release Luclin 2016.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I don't think this would be a good move, because the server population is already too small for the size of the game world.

If people want to PvP, the number one requirement is that they be in the same place. Aside form two porting classes, EverQuest doesn't have a fast travel system like many games do. We have to walk from place to place, and more zones means that players are more spread out. That's why PvP was less common in Kunark than in classic, and is less common now than in Kunark.

The second major requirement for PvP to be good is that the people engaging in it need to be roughly balanced. A warrior resisting spell after spell from a caster due to having all the resist gear is boring for both parties. Players also need to be close to the same level. Kunark made PvP worse by adding ten levels (one more barrier to PvP since people aren't the same level) and tons of overpowered gear. Velious is further exacerbating this problem. Luclin would be one more nail in the coffin.

AAs don't help this problem, because it still takes a long time to build them up, just like it takes a long time to get pixels. AAs would be one more way to give veterans an advantage over noobs, thus one more barrier to new players joining.

The classic timeline, 50 levels with no Kunark, Velious, or kittens, was the best for PvP on red. That content is what our population can sustain.

Luclin would be fine on the blue server if they ever wanted to do it, but it would hurt red. And I don't think Luclin is in the cards for blue, either.
Last edited by easy_lee; 01-14-2016 at 01:29 PM..
Old 01-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Banned

whats it gonna hurt, we are already basically Alcatraz for the blue server

only outcomes are positive outcomes
Old 01-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Cats on the moon!!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:51 PM
Banned

luclin was alright, PoP way better tho
Old 01-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant