Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Default Tab targeting has been silently removed...

...in the 50b update patch.

This patch isn't mandatory - you can still run the game with the previous "50" patch files, and hasn't been announced. Almost everyone still runs the "50" files and hasn't downloaded the "50b" patch.

The 50b patch removed tab targetting and I suppose that the next, 51 patch, will seal this removal as it will most likely be a mandatory update.

This is 10 times bigger than the pet window, guys. It affects every class, and is essentially how we played this game since P99 exists, by using tab targeting. Without it, we'll have to rely on the broken-ass EQ mouse targeting exclusively (yes and F8), simply forcing us to go through buggy code and frustration.

I understand that there are several P99 users who are on a quest for pure classicness - some of these users are very vocal and it may seem that they represent a substantial minority. My belief is that they are a very tiny number of people, who certainly do deserve to be listened to, but their opinion must be weighted against the immense majority of the players who sure will want tab targeting to remain.

I'm asking the devs to please reconsider this change in the way you've reconsidered the Pet Window change. Keep it for Green only, and allow tab targetting on Blue.

This way, Green will be the hardcore classic server, where everyone has it the hard way, BUT you can get your guy guised and whatnot. I'd actually support removing item links as well, there.

Blue will be some kind of Valhalla where players go to chill when their characters are merged after a cycle of hard fought battles. Doesn't mean that we need shared bank, mercs or (shiver) Luclin on Blue - just keep the small little details such as Pet Window, Item Links or Tab Targeting.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just keep the small little details such as Pet Window, Item Links or Tab Targeting.
This is where is starts. Keep it all out, imo!

This is what happens when you let the population get a taste of quality of life changes. They no longer even care about the game being classic, they just want their convenience back! This is why Shadows of Luclin was created and accepted. We all know what happened after that.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:40 AM
Fire Giant

Agreed
Old 09-30-2019, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Tab targetting was classic (at least December 1999) so I'm sure this was a slip-up.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....4/U9TVBE_gqNoJ
Old 09-30-2019, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Holy crap, this is madness.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

It's gonna be a painful one, but Brexit means Brexit.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Obviously some guy named Kendrick said it was classic so why can't you just enjoy it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

The option to CHANGE the key didn't appear until 2003. The feature itself was probably there since the start, just hardcoded to the TAB key.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The option to CHANGE the key didn't appear until 2003. The feature itself was probably there since the start, just hardcoded to the TAB key.
Shouldn't you be posting this in the "bugs" forum then?
Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

That is stupid... tab targetting is a staple to the game.
Last edited by Silvershot6986; 09-30-2019 at 08:18 AM..
Closed Thread