Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see what you did there!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. And in my dream world we'd have a wiki "answer" to all the popular trolls, so that whenever anyone starts trolling, instead of "feeding the troll" and getting the desired rise out of people, the troll would just get a bunch of wiki links.

I can dream ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand being grateful for this free service, but do you really expect anyone to believe you would not be upset if you invested most of your free leisure hours into this server over the next few months, and one Saturday morning, you go to login to your character, and the plug is pulled?
Even IF that would happen, is that realy such a big problem to you?

Life is so full of shit that can happen to you
(believe me, i have been through some during the last 3 years)

But playing a game for having a good time and then can't play it anymore is maybe a bit sad but realy nothing to be worried about.

There will be other games and other opportunities (oh yeah, maybe even in RL) to have fun with.

Plus:
The chances being unplugged aren't that big atm, there seems to be an agreement with Daybreak.
Do you realy thing the staff would made such effords to keep this project alive for this long time just to see the plug pulled on morning?
You can be sure, they have better to do then working on a dead project.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand being grateful for this free service, but do you really expect anyone to believe you would not be upset if you invested most of your free leisure hours into this server over the next few months, and one Saturday morning, you go to login to your character, and the plug is pulled?
My most loved cousin passed away this summer. He was only in his 40s. The people he left behind included his daughter, her mom, his cat and all of us really. I was sad we lost him. I'm actually crying now as I type this.

Does that make me wish I never spent time with him? NO! It makes me wish we spent more together.

If someone is genuinely interested in p99, they decide not to play and later the project gets shut down? That person will have more regrets than someone who enjoyed it for what it was while they could.

Looks like this one is going to be a thanks Rogean.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what your question is really. This analogy sort of misses the IP issue involved between P99 and Daybreak.

At any rate, I wasn't agreeing with OP that I think P99 is at risk of being shut down. I was just saying that Daybreak likely could if they wanted to, which they probably never would because P99 will never get to the level of causing an economic issue for Daybreak.
You wrote "shut down the server due to the copyright violation"
And then I wrote "how is copyright involved?"

I'm not interested in a broad discussion of IP. I'm specifically asking about your use of the term "copyright" and how its relevant to this project.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

There is nothing illegal about Project 1999 as long as no one is profiting from it.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Server GM

Quote:
you would not be upset if you invested most of your free leisure hours into this server
Free hours you say? I would be FUMING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing illegal about Project 1999 as long as no one is profiting from it.
Thanks for the blanket statement. I assume you are relying on P99 staff's word from an outdated agreement based on an entirely different server (blue) like everyone else? Or did you have facts to add?
Old 10-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Remember kids:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (17.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Kobold

lol @ someone concerned about wasting time in Everquest.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for the blanket statement. I assume you are relying on P99 staff's word from an outdated agreement based on an entirely different server (blue) like everyone else? Or did you have facts to add?
No, he is relying on a written opinion from me. I am an attorney and a former Superior Court judge and I consult on all legal matters regarding P1999 ("The Project"). I have sent Videri extensive documentation that allows him to make the claims he did. If you would like to have access to this documentation, please apply through the P99Legal link on the homepage.
Closed Thread