Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Blue or green,,,

I made a few characters on green. My son made his on blue. And we just realized it when we decided to play together. (all characters are low level)

What is the difference ?..

Either can remake and go on....but will we struggle for groups on either? Struggle for gear?

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Blue has been around for longer and has the Velious expansion. They have more quality of life stuff enabled like custom UIs and pet windows. They have fewer players playing at any given time and it'll be harder to get groups at lower levels.

Green is newer and is still in the Kunark phase, trying to follow the original timeline. Velious will eventually be released for Green players as well. Green has more players generally and you will have an easier time finding groups at low levels on Green (although at this point, Green is also already top heavy, but there are people still making alts). I guess one possible benefit of playing on Blue is that since it's been around longer, they're all drowning in plat so you could probably bum stuff easier from the tunnels if that's something you wanted to do. I would still go Green though.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbegger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a few characters on green. My son made his on blue...
What is the difference ?..
To add, on Blue you have better UI, especially for toons with pets.
On Blue prices for items are generally cheaper often MUCH cheaper (everyone is already twinked up)
On Blue are less player, especially at lower levels
On Blue you will easier get to some camp, since there is less competition

But Green is where most players are, on Blue you may feel lonely. Several players retired their Blue toon and they are now on Green (some even or red)

Note, as long as you two are playing on a different servers, you can play at the same time. If you want to play together on the same server, you need to ask for exemption.

Btw, Red is fun as well. Just about all camps are available, there are even less players. And if you two will play together, you really don't need other players, most of the time. But if you join a guild, you will get help when needed.

If you get killed by someone, you don't lose any XP or any items, just platina (carry gems to mitigate this). But if you two will be mostly together, there are less chances someone will attack both of you. Beside, there is not much PvP going on in lower levels. I have two toons in high 30's and I haven't been attacked yet. But XP grows MUCH faster than any other server. Especially if in a group. Actually too fast. Bellow 50 I'm not grouping, so i can slowly play and enjoy the game. Exception may be some hell levels.

Bottom line, you may check red as well. I have toons on all three servers but now I'm playing just Red. You want some item? Just go get it, no one will stand in your way. Unlike on green where every good cash camp is most of the time taken.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add, on Blue you have better UI, especially for toons with pets.
On Blue prices for items are generally cheaper often MUCH cheaper (everyone is already twinked up)
On Blue are less player, especially at lower levels
On Blue you will easier get to some camp, since there is less competition

But Green is where most players are, on Blue you may feel lonely. Several players retired their Blue toon and they are now on Green (some even or red)

Note, as long as you two are playing on a different servers, you can play at the same time. If you want to play together on the same server, you need to ask for exemption.

Btw, Red is fun as well. Just about all camps are available, there are even less players. And if you two will play together, you really don't need other players, most of the time. But if you join a guild, you will get help when needed.

If you get killed by someone, you don't lose any XP or any items, just platina (carry gems to mitigate this). But if you two will be mostly together, there are less chances someone will attack both of you. Beside, there is not much PvP going on in lower levels. I have two toons in high 30's and I haven't been attacked yet. But XP grows MUCH faster than any other server. Especially if in a group. Actually too fast. Bellow 50 I'm not grouping, so i can slowly play and enjoy the game. Exception may be some hell levels.

Bottom line, you may check red as well. I have toons on all three servers but now I'm playing just Red. You want some item? Just go get it, no one will stand in your way. Unlike on green where every good cash camp is most of the time taken.
What a MASSIVE load of shit and you know it. Suggesting that a casual-palying father and son stand ANY CHANCE of PVPing against the horde of deleveled NTOV twinks is absolute horseshit.

Then again I'm sure you know that.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a MASSIVE load of shit and you know it. Suggesting that a casual-palying father and son stand ANY CHANCE of PVPing against the horde of deleveled NTOV twinks is absolute horseshit.

Dang dude you musta last played red99 in 2015 or something and been bind camped down 4 levels. I can solo to 50 without even typing /enter and would probably see pvp 5% of time or less. Meanwhile 100% of all mobs are up. By the time NTOV came out no one but the psychoest path was bothering with a 10th alt twink PK there is no one to hunt at all.

I wish Pivo was full of shit, I really do. But red is the most normal and carebear server offered by project 1999 right now because the extreme psychopath skuzzlord RMT blooming onion permapharmers EQ-for-a-living guys are not spending time there at all. The 60 people still playing really are having a good time. The 300+ people not playing are waiting for a new server with eager anticipation but current red99 offers good questing for anyone who likes everquest.

If you're a legit new player going through the grind on red99 eventually someone is going to dump a huge pile of gear on you. There is a major backlog of gear that has no economy to sell. If it isn't all sold to vendors which it probably mostly is, there are guild and personal banks just bursting at the seams at this point. No exaggeration. Its basically just a matter of time before some guild tries to be in your good graces because they need some more warm bodys. PVP can still happen level 1-56 but when it does its like a quaint homage to better times of olde.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-21-2021 at 06:11 AM..
Old 02-21-2021, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang dude you musta last played red99 in 2015 or something and been bind camped down 4 levels. I can solo to 50 without even typing /enter and would probably see pvp 5% of time or less. Meanwhile 100% of all mobs are up. By the time NTOV came out no one but the psychoest path was bothering with a 10th alt twink PK there is no one to hunt at all.

I wish Pivo was full of shit, I really do. But red is the most normal and carebear server offered by project 1999 right now because the extreme psychopath skuzzlord RMT blooming onion permapharmers EQ-for-a-living guys are not spending time there at all. The 60 people still playing really are having a good time. The 300+ people not playing are waiting for a new server with eager anticipation but current red99 offers good questing for anyone who likes everquest.

If you're a legit new player going through the grind on red99 eventually someone is going to dump a huge pile of gear on you. There is a major backlog of gear that has no economy to sell. If it isn't all sold to vendors which it probably mostly is, there are guild and personal banks just bursting at the seams at this point. No exaggeration. Its basically just a matter of time before some guild tries to be in your good graces because they need some more warm bodys. PVP can still happen level 1-56 but when it does its like a quaint homage to better times of olde.
So how are druids on red? Porting for self-sufficiency, charming or kiting for soloing, tracking, resist buffs and blind for PVP when it DOES happen...decent package?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to play blue but not sure enough to make the jump. Enjoy velious early access and camping walruses in eastern wastes.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I gave Red an honest try not too long ago. Started an enchanter, got to level 9. What scared me off was some dude getting repeatedly killed (PvP deaths are announced server-wide). I even said something in OOC (also server-wide) along the lines of "maybe that dude has had enough?" and the response I got was "nah".

I just got to thinking I probably won't have a good time later on, with many folks on the server sweating magic resistance out of their pores and not caring about ganking a helpless enchanter (which is already not a PvP class to begin with).

On top of that, I have a dream to one day see raid content and I was essentially told that I would never get to see them on Red.

I'd be open to giving it a try again but those are the issues I currently have.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave Red an honest try not too long ago. Started an enchanter, got to level 9. What scared me off was some dude getting repeatedly killed (PvP deaths are announced server-wide). I even said something in OOC (also server-wide) along the lines of "maybe that dude has had enough?" and the response I got was "nah".

I just got to thinking I probably won't have a good time later on, with many folks on the server sweating magic resistance out of their pores and not caring about ganking a helpless enchanter (which is already not a PvP class to begin with).

On top of that, I have a dream to one day see raid content and I was essentially told that I would never get to see them on Red.

I'd be open to giving it a try again but those are the issues I currently have.
In my limited time on red the times I've seen that happen it turns out that the person being killed is afk pet camping some spawn and people pass by and wax him repeatedly and he just comes back and sets up shop again.

There's a rule on red called loot and scoot or LNS, any non afk player can call this and be given his chance to loot his corpse and vacate the camp where he got defeated. So when you see that its likely not actually bind camping (I think that's actually against the rules?) but punishing an afk camper who some would say deserves it anyway.

But don't play on red, its dead. Unless you're bored with green/blue and looking for a different take on it, its interesting despite being a brick of a server.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Horde of deleveled NTOV twinks?? LOL what the fuck server you talking about? Pretty obvious you've never played on Red.

You will be LUCKY if you even experience PVP before lvl 50. Didn't you know? Red is the casual server. Easy grinding, open camps, no competition.

Horde of NTOV twinks....what a load o' shit! LMAO! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Last edited by Old_PVP; 03-05-2021 at 11:46 AM..
Closed Thread