Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-03-2021, 01:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Already tried that. Any other ideas?
Old 03-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Large Rat

I have the same problem. It was working a few weeks ago but I had to reinstall it due to hard drive failure. Fresh installation of Titanium, copied all the files (replaced destination files) from the patch and it complain about spells file being outdated. My spells_us.txt is the same as the latest patch.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by patlefort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the same problem. It was working a few weeks ago but I had to reinstall it due to hard drive failure. Fresh installation of Titanium, copied all the files (replaced destination files) from the patch and it complain about spells file being outdated. My spells_us.txt is the same as the latest patch.
When you open the spells file is it a bunch of japanese symbols and gibberish for you too?
Old 03-04-2021, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Uh, that sounds like it's corrupt. Mine is human-readable:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Old 03-04-2021, 02:25 PM
Large Rat

So I've found out what happened. I had a DSETUP.dll and a dsetup.dll inside the folder. I'm playing on linux and by default, even on NTFS, it's still case sensitive, so it didn't overwrite. So to fix it, I now mount my NTFS drives with `lowntfs-3g` and with `ignore_case` option. This will make your NTFS partition appear all lower case in linux and ignore casing.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, that sounds like it's corrupt. Mine is human-readable:

-Mcoy
Yeah I figured that was the issue. It comes out like that no matter what I do. Opened the other text files and they seem fine.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does anyone have a copy of the spells file? The one I download from here is always corrupt/gibberish. At a loss at this point. Hours of trying to troubleshoot it and nothing is working.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

You're getting it from the Project1999 homepage via the link at the top? That's the one I pulled down and opened to get that screenshot: https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files53.zip

There's a file size limit of 97k for zip files - and that file ends up being almost 500k compressed so it can't be attached here.

-Mcoy
Old 03-05-2021, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Ah, I just realized you may be using notepad to open the file. In that case then yes, it appears to be gibberish:

Sorry for leading you down the wrong path - I use notepad++ as my default editor so didn't think to check regular notepad.

-Mcoy
Old 03-05-2021, 12:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I just realized you may be using notepad to open the file. In that case then yes, it appears to be gibberish:

Sorry for leading you down the wrong path - I use notepad++ as my default editor so didn't think to check regular notepad.

-Mcoy
Yes this is exactly what it looks like. I uninstalled last night and will try reinstalling in a bit