Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Holy shit, how did I completely forget about the RM auction house.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped playing diablo 3 when they removed the RMAH. It got rid of any incentive I had to grind and play that shitty game. I don't see how they can top Path of Exile if they want to go for the hack and slash gameplay in the future.
D3 would have been fine if they didn't make everything no drop outside of group and remove auction house, even if it wasn't for $$. They removed the trading aspect of the game which for people such as myself is half the fun. Wilson and Pardo made terrible business decisions whether they want to believe it or not. They wanted something different and have to live with the criticism.

PoE is where it's at.

For console fans: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...ge/1#p15926484

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
PTR PATCH 2.6.4 - v2.6.4.49286

To provide feedback on patch 2.6.4, please visit the PTR Feedback forum.
To report any issues you experience while playing, please visit the PTR Bug Report forum.
For additional information on how to participate in the PTR, click here.
General

Quality of Life
Philosophy
For this patch, we wanted to include a few frequently requested Quality of Life changes and focused on better celebrating and indicating Primal Legendary drops.
Five (5) additional Armory tabs have been added for all characters, bringing the total to 10
Greater Rift Keystones are now stored in the Materials tab
Any existing Greater Rift Keystones in both inventory and stash have been automatically moved
Primal Legendaries are now marked by a red beam when they drop
Primal Legendaries on the ground are now indicated by a red pentagram icon on the mini-map
Primal Legendaries now have a red border and updated background on their icons

Greater Rifts

Philosophy
The gameplay of micro-managing Paragon points during the course of a Greater Rift doesn't feel like especially engaging gameplay, nor was it consistent with the other existing rules of entering a Greater Rift. In addition, the below change to matchmaking is to make it much easier for all players to find groups for Greater Rifts, as the previous window (only between Greater Rifts) is typically very small.
Paragon points can no longer be swapped while a Greater Rift is open
Players can now be matched into public games where a Greater Rift is open
Players who join in this manner will not be able to enter the active Rift
Players inside the Rift will be able to continue with no additional difficulty scaling until the run has been completed

Seasons

Season 16: Season of Grandeur
The buff for Season of Grandeur has been implemented
This buff gives all Seasonal players the legendary power from Ring of Royal Grandeur
This buff does not stack with additional Ring of Royal Grandeur (either equipped or in Kanai's Cube)
Unlike previous Seasonal buffs, this buff will not apply to Non-Seasonal players
When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

Class Set Changes

Philosophy
We are taking another tuning pass across all class sets to improve class and set diversity at higher level Greater Rifts. Please note that these values are not final and we anticipate some adjustments to occur during the course of PTR.
All Classes
Legacy of Nightmares
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 500%
Barbarian
The Legacy of Raekor
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2800% to 7000%
Immortal King's Call
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1500% to 4000%
Might of the Earth
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5600% to 20000%
Wrath of the Wastes
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3000% to 10000%
Crusader
Thorns of the Invoker
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 140% to 350%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5400% to 15000%
Roland's Legacy
The (4) Set bonus has been increased from 3300% to 13000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50% increased Attack Speed to 75%
Seeker of the Light
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2000% Blessed Hammer damage to 12000%
Demon Hunter
Embodiment of the Maruader
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3000% to 12000%
Unhallowed Essence
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 350%
Natalya's Vengeance
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3500% to 14000%
The Shadow's Mantle
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 1200% to 6000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50000% to 75000%
Monk
Uliana's Strategem
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2100% to 9000%
Inna's Mantra
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 150% to 1500%
Monkey King's Garb
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1000% to 1500%
Raiment of a Thousand Storms
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 400%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 13000% Dashing Strike damage to 60000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1300% Spirit Generator damage to 6000%
Necromancer
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3300% to 3800%
Witch Doctor
Spirit of Arachyr
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 4500% to 9000%
Helltooth Harness
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 1500% to 3000%
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 4400% to 9000%
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 3500 seconds
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds
Zunimassa's Haunt
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 5500% to 15000%
Wizard
Tal Rasha's Elements
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 750% to 3000%
Delsere's Magnum Opus
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 3800% to 8500%
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 50% bonus damage to 100%
LOL. Notice how all the changes are just handing out a bunch of goodies. Like massive set buffs and primal item handouts. All the coding changes seem to mostly entail adding some zeros.

But we are led to believe this is "one of multiple projects" that has been in the works for awhile. Bullshit. They have egg all over their face after the convention and now they are covering up with this handjob patch for the d3 playerbase.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

"Blizzard" is no longer Blizzard. That's why their games suck and have that cheesy made for TV style. Time to move on.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Large Rat

I liked diablo 1, but it was a game with flaws. I liked the expansion. The gothic horror was intriguing, i still remember the first time i encountered the butcher and he was like: ah, fresh meat. And i was like, oh f***. I liked that it had a pool of quests for each 'act?', so each playthrough wasn't the same. I didn't like that the rogue was arguably the best class for the game, but needless to say i only played the rogue.

I liked diablo2, but to me it was sort of 1 step forwards, 1 step back. I liked the open world, i really loved the cutscenes. Each one was a case of: and then things got worse. Even the ending to the expansion was like that, you're too late so you have to destroy the worldstone instead of save it. But then they introduced the linear path of quests, so that you would always played the same game every time with minor changes to the landscape.

I didn't like diablo 3, i'll go into that in a second. But the first thing that really teed me off? I played at launch, and i was lagging badly in single player mode. I know companies love their drm these days, but making it online only for single player? And then the f***er lags? So i stopped playing for a few months. After that, i noticed the cartoony graphics that reminded me of wow, and not in a good way. After that, as someone else said the theme seemed to change from gothic horror to generic fantasy. The cutscenes were moments of success for the most part, not moments of what fresh hell is this. This is the first diablo game where i didn't bother with the expansion. I never even entertained the idea of spending real money to buy gear.

I don't like the idea of having to replay the same game multiple times just to get to the end. The idea that the game starts on your third-fourth playthrough. I finished my second playthrough a couple months ago, and that was my second playthrough since... when? i can't even remember when this came out. 2012ish from drunken hazy memory.

That video of the guy asking at blizzcon if this was an out of season april fools joke was savage, but justified imo. I won't be buying diablo 4 until its been out for a while and i've read some good reviews. But storywise, where do they go from here?
Old 11-26-2018, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to move on
I would've liked to have moved on a decade ago when Crysis signaled an end to an era.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trailer has 70k dislikes on youtube, yeah blizzard way to fuck your loyal fanbase over.
personally d3 was such a departure from d1 and d2, i could care less anymore. I dont owe blizzard anything and they dont owe me anything.

I do wish another gaming company would make a good ole hack and slash, but make it difficult like everquest.

Exanima has come close to that, but still has a lot of development to come.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That video of the guy asking at blizzcon if this was an out of season april fools joke was savage, but justified imo.
Definitely, and the "don't you guys have pho0oOo0nes?" will go down with Activision/Blizzard/EA/etc's attempts to put AAA titles onto mobile devices with cash shop/RMT incentives.

Lets not forget the C&C Rivals attempt - not often you'd get EA to actually mark a youtube video as "unlisted".