Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been trying to write papers for weeks and I’m either going catatonic or doing something else.
You have to train yourself to just start mindlessly writing out a very boring paper. Then you edit from there. Just get that first terrible draft out.

Most people procrastinate because they want all their papers to be really good. They keep re-writing the opening and deciding they want to do different things or something doesn't sound right.

But college is mostly trying to see if you can write a few pages on whatever topic in a timely matter. Not if your the next big wig intellectual. You don't need a great piece of writing to get an A. You need one that adequately responds to the prompt.

If your essay is easy to read and more simple it will probably get a better grade. The most common problem college students from modest backgrounds have is they don't quite understand this is how you get good grades in college. Not by impressing the pants off the professors with big words and complicated points they never heard before.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to train yourself to just start mindlessly writing out a very boring paper. Then you edit from there. Just get that first terrible draft out.

Most people procrastinate because they want all their papers to be really good. They keep re-writing the opening and deciding they want to do different things or something doesn't sound right.

But college is mostly trying to see if you can write a few pages on whatever topic in a timely matter. Not if your the next big wig intellectual. You don't need a great piece of writing to get an A. You need one that adequately responds to the prompt.

If your essay is easy to read and more simple it will probably get a better grade. The most common problem college students from modest backgrounds have is they don't quite understand this is how you get good grades in college. Not by impressing the pants off the professors with big words and complicated points they never heard before.
Excellent advice JD. "Just start", even if it means doing the easiest thing possible (making an outline or writing your ideas as a stream of consciousness with no direction) is a hugely helpful approach to dealing with a lack of motivation. Once you get in the flow doing the harder parts (like editing and organizing) really won't seem hard.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:56 PM
Banned

I just became an expert bullshit artist, then if stuff needed accuracy I researched it and edited. Yall get my unfiltered writing here.

JD is right though. U have to learn to stream dump the files on a topic, header, and filesystem metadata and all.

Then once you've done that quickly and terribly 1-3x u have something to work from. Or towards, with better finesse.

A+ advice from JD

It's also really liberating to be able to mangle the universes metadata thru ur brainbus raw.
Last edited by Irulan; 11-29-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also really liberating to be able to mangle the universes metadata thru ur brainbus raw.
i still get wet for u i think i allways will
Old 11-29-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i still get wet for u i think i allways will
I always enjoy you. Even when hit with envy. Longing for youth. Your spirit rustling lightly luminously and new. It's like we've always knew. 🥂
Old 11-29-2018, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You’re making a few highly insulting insinuations I don’t appreciate. I’m a strong writer. I don’t mass produce bullshit like most idiots with degrees.

Fuck off with this “+A” trash.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-29-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Sorry about that Cecily. I was kind of using your post as a chance to show off how good my advice on getting A's is. That was impolite.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re making a few highly insulting insinuations I don’t appreciate. I’m a strong writer. I don’t mass produce bullshit like most idiots with degrees.

Fuck off with this “+A” trash.
Maybe u need to be a less perfect writer to get through it and get a passing grade.

Your command of language is commendable. It's the process of creativity you seemed to be struggling with.

Creative ppl do make a lot of random stuff that gets discarded.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I need to find something compelling and a way to make that argument or I can not write. It’s an executive functioning fuck up, apparently.

I don’t want a passing grade. I want an A. That’s the only way academics appeals to me. I’m gonna turn this diagnosis into extra time and write my quality paper when I fucking feel like it (which will probably be when I’m high on speed).
Last edited by Cecily; 11-29-2018 at 03:52 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned

didnt read much of tghese posts, but wanted to say, my approach is throw alot at the wall and a few things will stick and look woke. and these bustaz will read it all anyway. ha ha ha
Closed Thread