Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-18-2022, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice! Will look into that, didn’t even realize those pieces existed…
Just FYI it's NODROP. and all no drop gear has no liquidity, and you'll replace it quickly if you ever hit planes or faction with giants/dragons. you are better off typically buying something that can be resold later, so the cost to you is 0. It's straight forward, you buy something that costs you 5k, but you sell it later when you get an upgrade and get your 5k back. NoDrop MQ's are a money pit, you waste plat on them and at most you'll just vendor it later when you get a real planar upgrade.

Your gear is good enough to get to 60 where you'll be able to get all that better planar stuff yourself anyway. Just my advice is to avoid NODROP MQ's, money down the drain.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:40 PM
Banned

Ok gear update:

I’m really satisfied with what I could produce with exclusively budget EC tunnelquest gearing, I don’t group or raid. Nor do I camp expensive items (hate camping). I’m sitting at 249 cha (buffed), forget what hp/ac are atm but HP is not nearly as bad as it was

Suggestions on where to go from here? For sure is another Sarnak honor bracer (will put me over the CHA soft cap but that’s ok I can take from cha from main or offhand or something later). Then I was either thinking Cloak of the Maelstrom, Heiro cloak (would require lots of saving), or Thurg robe (the one with +75hp) MQ. Do you think I could buy a raid robe like thurg one for 30k? Or would it be more like 50k? Also thinking about some Iksar hide pants (the good ones with +cha) or something, haven’t seen it auctioned yet tho

These are on green btw

So far I’m rocking:

Earrings: Jade Inlaid and Earring of essence
Head: Ice Silk cap
Face: Stained cloth mask
Neck: Amulet of insight
Back: Loam
Shoulders: Loam
Chest: Blackened crystalline robe
Arms: Gatorscale
Legs: Drake hide
Waist: Loam
Wrists: Sarnak bracer of honor and Loam
Rings: 5/55’s
Mainhand: glamour rod
Offhand: crude stein
Range: Sarnak dagger

Only saved up ~3k again so far, so a ways to go, but wondering what to aim for next, gear-wise. I could try to get the spell Dictate, but I don’t really headhunt high value targets or raid, so I don’t see myself using it much atm, maybe at some future date. Already have Bedlam and don’t care much about VoG since I don’t raid
Last edited by unsunghero; 07-24-2023 at 07:50 PM..
Old 07-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

I seen a thurg robe(on green) for sale today for 10k. It sold pretty quick though.
Usually they go for 20ish,but don't come up to often.
I would buy an ice silk robe in the meantime and resell it if you get an upgrade.

6neck loot rights seem to be around 8-10k and their a nice HP upgrade too.

Sandwich of foul smelling herbs are super cheap 5sta/50hp ranged. Just try not to eat it
Old 07-24-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seen a thurg robe(on green) for sale today for 10k. It sold pretty quick though.
Usually they go for 20ish,but don't come up to often.
I would buy an ice silk robe in the meantime and resell it if you get an upgrade.

6neck loot rights seem to be around 8-10k and their a nice HP upgrade too.

Sandwich of foul smelling herbs are super cheap 5sta/50hp ranged. Just try not to eat it
Yeah I am running Ice Silk Robe, 6 Neck, and Sandwich on my Enchanter. It's nice.

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. 20 stone is a lot for a noodle armed caster hehe.

Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_L...urier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-24-2023 at 08:39 PM..
Old 07-24-2023, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I am running Ice Silk Robe, 6 Neck, and Sandwich on my Enchanter. It's nice.

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_L...urier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!
Yeah those capes are pretty nice, easy to get if your dok factioned. When I was camping koros room I just let people loot the capes, I have seen someone try to sell one though
Eventually cloak of confusion is the go to but kinda pricey
Old 07-24-2023, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. 20 stone is a lot for a noodle armed caster hehe.

Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_L...urier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!
Holy crap that cloak is 20 weight?

Yea, pass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most of my money-making is lugging gear to vendors to junk

Edit: yea that other cloak is nice, might have to see about that

I’m an hp junkie now, so that’s why I wasn’t super into ice silk robe, but maybe temporarily
Old 07-24-2023, 08:59 PM
Banned

Now I’d have to figure out how to get to courier. Dislike chardok, it scares me…
Old 07-24-2023, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

I used a regular old hooded black cape until I got my cloak of confusion. You won't be able to reasonably get to where the courier is without being factioned,die/drag or a coth
Old 07-24-2023, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used a regular old hooded black cape until I got my cloak of confusion. You won't be able to reasonably get to where the courier is without being factioned,die/drag or a coth
oh dang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Definitely not factioned, I've killed so many sarnaks it's basically genocide

Maybe I'll just save for Heiro, at least it has xferrable value
Old 07-24-2023, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

You could probably paci down to where most people kill it,but I don't think that's your jam.