Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-16-2022, 11:11 AM
Large Bat

Default 30+ SK Fear Kite Spots?

Hey guys. I'm currently a level 32 Iksar SK on Green. I made this character because I prefer melee, and I love to just log in and solo for a few hours, stress free.

As of now, I've been parked at the Misty Thicket wall, killing about 4 guards per rotation. This place is amazing because of the 10p spears that drop, and I have ample room to safely fear kite. It does get a little dangerous, as some of the guards are 30-31 and when buffed with Thorns from Ella, can be dicey.

You guys have any little spots you'd recommend as I level up? A lot of the guides take me to places where fear kiting isn't a very good option. I have no problem traveling to bumfuck anywhere, and camping mobs that no one really bothers with.

Thanks guys,
Cruelest.

Edit: I'm trying to fund a haste item and some STR gear. I know at this point, nothing is "secret", but if any of you veterans have any farming spots that are SK doable and you'd like to keep lesser known, send me a DM and I promise I'll keep it our secret.
Last edited by Lance; 05-16-2022 at 11:25 AM..
Old 05-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

North Karana Guards are good till 38ish, plenty of room to fear kite
Old 05-16-2022, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Do SKs get spook the dead? Servants of Sythrax in FoB? I fear kited them on my necro from 32-35, could go til 39 I think.

I think my sig has a link with info in them
Old 05-16-2022, 11:32 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do SKs get spook the dead? Servants of Sythrax in FoB? I fear kited them on my necro from 32-35, could go til 39 I think.

I think my sig has a link with info in them
We get Spook the Dead at 15. This is awesome, man. Gonna check out your information and give this a shot, thank you.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure if he can be fear kited,but my favorite solo spot at your level is ran walker in surefall glade. Lvl 30 druid or ranger,low HP's. 17pp/kill and you can sell to a beta neutral merchant in zone.
I bet if you pulled him back a bit it would be simple enough to fear kite him. He's good XP to 40 to
Old 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

I did gators and stuff in CT into the 40's then swapped to spectres in feerrott then did goblins in loio to 51 or so then did bards/nobles/dyrna in HH to 56 or so. After that it gets more abstract, but you can do ele's in the hole, rats in PoM, and the giants in FM to 60.

For CT there's the long hallway above the ent I used for gators, then once those are lower, you can kite lizards in the hallway that leads to the top of the bubble. In general there's lots and lots of long hallways for you to experiment with there.

In the 30-45 range or so, I also murdered a lot of HHK guards but with far less fear-kiting.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if he can be fear kited,but my favorite solo spot at your level is ran walker in surefall glade. Lvl 30 druid or ranger,low HP's. 17pp/kill and you can sell to a beta neutral merchant in zone.
I bet if you pulled him back a bit it would be simple enough to fear kite him. He's good XP to 40 to
This is huge bro and I'm definitely gonna go check it out tonight! Thanks for the detailed information Pat.

Quote:
Keebz I did gators and stuff in CT into the 40's then swapped to spectres in feerrott then did goblins in loio to 51 or so then did bards/nobles/dyrna in HH to 56 or so. After that it gets more abstract, but you can do ele's in the hole, rats in PoM, and the giants in FM to 60.

For CT there's the long hallway above the ent I used for gators, then once those are lower, you can kite lizards in the hallway that leads to the top of the bubble. In general there's lots and lots of long hallways for you to experiment with there.
I seriously appreciate the overall little blueprint you laid out for me. I'm going to jot down this leveling path into my notes.

You've kind of ignited a passion to go check out Cazic Thule. I've never really leveled there, and it sounds like there's a wide range of things, this sounds awesome. By any chance do you remember if anything specific sees invisible?

Appreciate it Keebz, you're the fucking man.
Last edited by Lance; 05-16-2022 at 05:44 PM..
Old 05-16-2022, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

There is randomly stuff that sees invis, esp. as you get to the higher level areas, but you are mostly safe. At 32 you can still probably squeeze a few levels out of the gator pools accessible from above the entrance (not across the courtyard).

If you don't love CT, or hit a lull in exp blues, I'd check out HHK.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:43 PM
Aviak

The crazy goblins in Butcher Block will take you to 41. 3 spawns all can be single pulled. lots of room for fear kiting. They drop fine steel and chain mail. You can sell at the druid rings.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Are iksar SK kos in OT outpost? If not, then fear kite sarnak berserkers in OT. Turn in whips for a chunky hp hit and faction. If you manage to hit amiable you can get your OT hammer for free as an added bonus.