Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-12-2022, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's exactly my fear as well - i feel like DPS likes to go banana sandwich on stuff right away, amd I'm worried that if I don't get an early proc I'll be the guy saying "please wait!"
Most mobs you can get at least one totem click in which is plenty to start off. And even though the damage isn't great on 2hs, it doesn't matter, it still same swing agro /nod. The proc is highest agro proc in game too when it does go off.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always have this weird mentality that dual wield has higher chance to proc
that's because it does. every main hand should be 2ppm, and offhand is 1ppm, so dual wielding would be 3ppm while 2h tanking is only 2ppm.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's exactly my fear as well - i feel like DPS likes to go banana sandwich on stuff right away, amd I'm worried that if I don't get an early proc I'll be the guy saying "please wait!"
Providing you’re getting a totem/scepter click in and using appropriate weapons: it’s their job to not pull threat. Monks can flop, rogues can evade, dps warriors should know how their threat works when not tanking. Not sure what rangers do. Regardless. It’s not all on you. What you CAN do to help is call out your first few procs on voice or make a hot key. Do the same if you start off dry with no procs. A vocal or at least communicative tank is a huge asset on any raid.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

trick is you gotta make the group, /ooc 52 war lfg is the best way to sit around at a zone ent all night.

Pick your zone, pick your camp and start sending tells. It can be a pain sometimes, but it's hands down the best way to find a decent group of people. You will make friends, and get a rep in a zone if you stay long enough, and if it's a good one, things will get easier.

tips:
1. make a new chat window, filter in just /who commands.
2. I made a hotkey that is something like this for my level range
/w ho all lfg 52 55
/who all c 49 55
/who all sham 52 55
/who all ench 52 55
/who all bard 52 55

3. Always decent idea to /who <raidlevelguild> <class> <level>. Chances are they have well geared alts that will also be down to group and won't require a ton of hand holding and will have a friend to rez or buff ya if things go sideways.

zones suggestions for groups:
1. seb - great zone, tons of fun crawls, decent loot and nice vendor cash drops. Can be a bit of a pita to travel to and from tho for xp grind but trak and fungi bring enough around to catch some help with ports/rez/buffs.
2. howling stones - good xp/loot, easy to get to with hammer, can bind close
3. solb - freeti/imps or bat/bug - easy to get to the zone, people know it, loot aint bad, and it's fun.

good luck and have fun