Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-15-2022, 10:20 PM
Banned

I'm trying to open up my chat window input box in size by a pixel or two to prevent the bottom tail portions of 'g' and 'y' getting cut off when i type. this only happens with rustle2 ui, and i know i can edit it somewhere, just don't know which file to mess with. anyone might have an idea and can lend a hand please? would be great
Old 06-09-2022, 12:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Digging this UI a lot, but the buff window is gone or I'm not doing something right.
Definitely wish you would have let others know what you did to figure this out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If anyone knows the solution to this I can't seem to figure it out myself.

I've tried toggling the "buff" window to no avail.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Large Bat

Buff window for me was just offscreen. Putting the mouse cursor in the top right corner, clicking and dragging brought it back in frame.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Large Bat

Alrighty, so anyone else with buff window issues. The buff window for me was actually off screen. Putting my mouse cursor in the farthest top right corner, clicking and dragging brought the window back into frame.

Hope this helps someone else out there!
Old 06-26-2022, 03:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

awesome, thanks so much for the 4k version!
Old 11-02-2022, 01:01 PM
Aviak

4k version is awesome, thanks so much! Like everyone else has mentioned, that inventory window seemed to be the culprit for crashes during trades and was going to keep me from using this otherwise awesome UI.

To fix this, I used Notepad++ to ultimately grab all of the xml out of default_old "EQUI_Inventory.xml" and paste that in the rustle ui "EQUI_Inventory" file.

I have completed a couple trades and it doesn't crash. I'll delete/edit this post if this potential solve turns out to not really be the trick.

Keep in mind, we're using default_old. If you want to use the default ui, use the "EQUI_Inventory3" file, the EQUI_Inventory in the default ui doesn't work. I don't like this one because the inventory was still being shown in a weird format, but trades worked on that if you prefer.

Everything else is still rustled, which is great for 4k.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Kobold

The 4k Version had UI elements that were way to big and the standard version everything is a little too small. Playing on 2560 x 1440.

Is there any solution to this?
Old 12-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 4k Version had UI elements that were way to big and the standard version everything is a little too small. Playing on 2560 x 1440.

Is there any solution to this?
It's being at a 1440p thing. I also play at 1440p and it's hard to find a UI that fits; 1080p is way to small and 4k is too big.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Aviak

Really loving this UI. I'm just wondering how I can customize stuff - like for example, how can I convert the spell gems to classic?
Old 02-11-2023, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really loving this UI. I'm just wondering how I can customize stuff - like for example, how can I convert the spell gems to classic?
All interfaces can be player-customized, but you have to learn the form of XML that Verant designed for UIs.

There might be better sources of info out there, but here's one: https://www.eqinterface.com/forums/f...s#faq_language

(Or, if you don't want to learn all that, you could always try and bribe someone who does to make the custom interface for you.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.