Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-14-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An alt of mine is 60 iksar sk. I’m happy with him but agree ogre or troll is better. But if Iksar is your calling, stick with it!
Before making my first sk I went around asking a bunch of 60 sks if they regretted their race choice. The most I saw were trolls wishing they were an ogre. Iksars/dark elves seemed pretty content, and humans were sorta 50/50. Couldn’t find any erudites to ask
Old 09-14-2021, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

If you can't wear PD robe to flex on people in unrest and MM you picked wrong race.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

1st of all - not my 1st toon, i once upon a time had a 55 iksar shammy.

2nd - I've never played a troll or an ogre.

3rd - I'll take your word for it Tsunami!

4th - Thanks for all the input you guys, makes me love this game even more.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a troll SK instead and kill guards to fund your gear. Troll SKs get the regen and don't have to worry about being KoS everywhere.
Being KOS everywhere just expands the menu. If you're going to be evil you might as well be the evilest race going <3
Old 09-15-2021, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before making my first sk I went around asking a bunch of 60 sks if they regretted their race choice. The most I saw were trolls wishing they were an ogre. Iksars/dark elves seemed pretty content, and humans were sorta 50/50. Couldn’t find any erudites to ask
Interesting. Anecdotally, most troll SKs I meet are ride or die troll. I even re-rolled from ogre to troll.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Greenmist quest is like 15k in MQ’s. Stone or Morid for raiders.

I hate iksars and have two SK’s in the mid 40’s (ogre and erudite). Id prob reroll iksar too just for the greenmist since it would be a casual char.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greenmist quest is like 15k in MQ’s. Stone or Morid for raiders.

I hate iksars and have two SK’s in the mid 40’s (ogre and erudite). Id prob reroll iksar too just for the greenmist since it would be a casual char.
If you can get past that terrible bash spin animation
Old 09-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

I am one of those people Crede mentioned. Blood Ember Armor is one of the strongest Kunark Armor Sets. I don't think Greenmist is worth the trade of not being able to use Blood Ember Greaves and Gauntlets. They are just too good when it comes to saving your mana and your life. The boots are great too in certain situations where it is easy and open to fear kite. Free infinite fear kite is nothing to sneeze at, especially if the mob is harder than usual. It takes patience, but you can basically whittle anything fearable down eventually without worrying about running out of mana.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-15-2021 at 10:28 AM..
Old 09-20-2021, 07:26 AM
Sarnak

Human SK wins fashion quest.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar SK is fun. If that's want you want to play don't listen to anyone telling you to play something else. Know you won't have the easiest road ahead of you, but it will still be rewarding.
I had to at least warn them that the road they are about to take really is brutal. It’s easier now with velious out and more armor options though. I started Shelly prior to velious release and then took a 6 year break before even getting 60.

Hard doesn’t = not fun.

Also. It’s a matter of of perspective, and what each player wants to do in this game. When I rolled my SK I never thought I’d be raiding in Kael or TOV. I wanted a greenmist and a class that I could solo on because I didn’t have a ton of time to play.

Took a long break and came back. Made friends with some folks in AG and ended up being a raider. SK’s are great in raids if they take the time to learn what they can and cannot do.

Pet trains, ripping mobs out of trains, tanking trash mobs and hot minis, and any kunark boss will keep most people busy and satisfied. Spend a bunch of dkp and you can even tank vindi, some wtov dragons and even zlandicar.

Getting way ahead of myself either way lol.

OP enjoy your sk. They’re great fun. I wasn’t trying to tell you not to make one, play whatever you want! And if you ever need help or have a question don’t hesitate to reach out.

I just had a rough time leveling mine as a brand new toon. Had an even harder time raiding on one as a first raid character. (In fact after 6 months I made an enchanter and then a warrior, still enjoy my sk but man every upgrade my warrior gets you can feel the difference in overall power, and chanters are just god mode fun)